Find the answer to your Linux question:
This is my first post, so hello everyone. Unfortunately, it is prob a very stupid post...... The search function at the top, beneath the blue strip... Where the **** is ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Question Search?

This is my first post, so hello everyone. Unfortunately, it is prob a very stupid post......
    The search function at the top, beneath the blue strip...

Where the **** is the "go" button? I can use "search forum" dropdown, and the "advanced search" in the blue banner, but the main search box....

Ummm......why don't you just press enter?

Just Joined!
    As I said it was prob a very stupid question......, just didn't occur to me when filling in on screen form, not to look for on-screen submit button. For instance now I have written this reply, what do I do? Why press a "submit" button, not hit the enter key!

ps it is 8am here, and I have not been to bed yet. This might explain things!

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    Hi and Welcome to the LinuxForums !

Quote Originally Posted by wakou
    For instance now I have written this reply, what do I do? Why press a "submit" button, not hit the enter key!
    Because you dont input multiple lines in Search Box and Enter key is considered as Submit only.
    It is amazing what you can accomplish if you do not care who gets the credit.
    New Users: Read This First

oz
    forum.guy
    I personally prefer the Advanced Search, not for the almighty 'search now' button, but for the much more thorough search and custom search options.
    oz