Find the answer to your Linux question:
I know that you can change the thread title and it will be effected when someone actually views the thread but it would be very helpful at times if it ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

Changing the Thread Titles...

I know that you can change the thread title and it will be effected when someone actually views the thread but it would be very helpful at times if it were visible in the list of threads.

Sorry if it has been posted.
    Last edited by flipjargendy; 11-23-2007 at 04:22 AM. Reason: changed the thread title.
    Running Linux Since 2001
    Registered Linux User #430868 - Since 91206

oz
    forum.guy
    Yes, this topic has been brought up a few times before.

Only Core Wizard has the forum permissions needed to make it happen, but he views this forum so maybe he can respond to your suggestion.

Thanks for the feedback.
    oz

It's annoying on some forums when people change the titles of a thread you're following. Having said that, though, it can be handy to mark a title "Solved" so you can see at a glance. Particularly if you're interested in the solution.
    Pete

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    Quote Originally Posted by peteh View Post
    ...it can be handy to mark a title "Solved" so you can see at a glance. Particularly if you're interested in the solution.
    That is partially why I suggest this. Normally I do not change the title if the thread has been up for ten minutes or more. I never thought of that. I have seen some forums that only allow the thread title or any editing to be done within two minutes of posting.

I am against stopping people from editing a thread completely but I think limiting the amount of time you can edit the title of a thread would be fine.
    Running Linux Since 2001
    Registered Linux User #430868 - Since 91206