Find the answer to your Linux question:
This is a very minor thing but as long as we're open to suggestions... I've noticed when you quick reply to a post, you get the little dialog box with ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

Code Tags in Quick Reply

This is a very minor thing but as long as we're open to suggestions...

I've noticed when you quick reply to a post, you get the little dialog box with some of the text manipulation features like bold, italics, quote, etc. But there's no code tags. Like I said, it's a very minor thing and might not be worth implementing but I think the code tags are used as much as anything. I know I use them quite a bit.

Anyways, just a thought.

oz
    forum.guy
    After going to quick reply, you can get the code tags if you press the Go Advanced button.
    oz

Quote Originally Posted by ozar View Post
    After going to quick reply, you can get the code tags if you press the Go Advanced button.
    Yeah, I saw that but that would essentially be the same thing as clicking on Reply to Post initially. It would require a page refresh. That's the whole reason why I like using the Quick Reply because I don't have to re-direct to a new page.

oz
    forum.guy
    Yeah, I totally understand your point, but I'm not sure that a message box needing all the possible tags that posters might want to use would qualify as a quick reply. Maybe it's better to simply press the Reply to Post button to begin with if you plan to do more than a simple text message.

Either way, only Core Wizard has the permissions needed to make such a change to the board, so maybe he'll see your message and reply to you directly.

Thanks for the feedback.
    oz

Yeah, it just seems like the Quick Reply only includes those buttons which get used regularly and I think of the code tags as one of those buttons and there's certainly room for it across the top bar.

Thanks.

i never use the code button i always type it out

Blackfooted Penguin daark.child's Avatar
    Plus one from me. Sometimes I get annoyed at having to constantly type code tags when doing quick replies.