Find the answer to your Linux question:
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
I think discussions need to be based on arguments, not on rep. Also, I don't like the addition of extra buttons to push. Sure! Many posters are (in part) motivated ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

I think discussions need to be based on arguments, not on rep. Also, I don't like the addition of extra buttons to push. Sure! Many posters are (in part) motivated by gaining recognition among their fellow posters. But I don't think they need a numerical value assigned to it. You can thank someone who was helpful in a post. It's much more personal and valuable that way, and you get to raise your post count +1 legitimately
    Can't tell an OS by it's GUI

Quote Originally Posted by Freston View Post
    I think discussions need to be based on arguments, not on rep. Also, I don't like the addition of extra buttons to push.
    I'll second that. The moderators have enough trouble with new users who think the "Report Post" button is what they need to push to reply to a thread. No more buttons, please.
    Registered Linux user #270181
    TechieMoe's Tech Rants

Quote Originally Posted by Kieren View Post
    I don't think there is a high enough number for the thanks that will be given to Devils_Casper :P
    Isn't that the truth!! hahahahaha when I go to a thread to help out, and I see that D's_C has already been applying to it, I don't even bother because I know he has it under control! hahahaha

Sometimes I am the first to reply to a thread, and the help I give only goes so far. Then he comes in, fixes the problem, and seals the deal. hahahaha... makes me feel so inferior! =)
    Using Linux since June 2007
    Distros: Mint 16 KDE
    SPECS: AMD Atholon 64 X2 3.2 Ghz, 4GB RAM, GeForce GTS 250 1GB VRAM
    When your whole life is on one computer, servers and all, choose stability over anything else.

Quote Originally Posted by SkittleLinux18
    makes me feel so inferior! =)
    My intentions are not to make you or anyone else feel inferior. I have learned about Linux from here only. I love to help others and learn more n more. Thats why I just keep posting here.

I am a Member of a few other Forums too but my post count is not more than 20-30 in any of other Forum. I feel like at home here only.
    It is amazing what you can accomplish if you do not care who gets the credit.
    New Users: Read This First

Quote Originally Posted by devils_casper View Post
    I feel like at home here only.
    I feel the same way. I was a member at two other forums, but since showing up here and seeing the pleasant atmosphere that is always present... This is now the only one I even read or post to.
    And besides, without even asking my own questions, I can read past posts and learn a little something new with each one.
    Jay

New users, read this first.
    New Member FAQ
    Registered Linux User #463940
    I do not respond to private messages asking for Linux help. Please keep it on the public boards.

Quote Originally Posted by devils_casper View Post
    My intentions are not to make you or anyone else feel inferior.
    We know that.
    Using Linux since June 2007
    Distros: Mint 16 KDE
    SPECS: AMD Atholon 64 X2 3.2 Ghz, 4GB RAM, GeForce GTS 250 1GB VRAM
    When your whole life is on one computer, servers and all, choose stability over anything else.

Quote Originally Posted by thesimplecreator View Post
    couldnt there be a rating system where you "thank" the other person for helping you, and their thank count goes up.so you know whos helped out alot.
    There used to be a karma system on the site, I don't think it worked particularly well and was abandoned just before we moved to vB.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2