Find the answer to your Linux question:
Since I cannot read the messages any more due to advertisements I leave this forum. Good bye. --Japser....
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Advertisements, good bye

Since I cannot read the messages any more due to advertisements I leave this forum. Good bye. --Japser.

I doubt you'll get such good help anywhere else but if that's what you want ...

Personally I find it easier to use Adblock on Firefox.
    Pete

Quote Originally Posted by peteh View Post
    I doubt you'll get such good help anywhere else but if that's what you want ...

Personally I find it easier to use Adblock on Firefox.
    Agreed on both points. The Firefox Adblock extension gives me a clean web experience.
    Registered Linux user #270181
    TechieMoe's Tech Rants

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    Linux User
    Wait, what does he mean he can't read messages due to advertisments? Registered members are only shown one ad at the top of the forums, and that's it...

Just Joined!
    I see no reason why anyone should have to add browser extensions to read a web page. it is the beginning..soon it will be like linux questions and so much junk you can not read the posts if you can find something usefull at all. I can load this page in seamonkey and if I log in the ads go away and I can read this post..in opera and firefox the ads even when logged in mess up the page. in opera the ad pushes the forum down so at first I thought it had disappeared all together. and in both the logout button has vanished.

the page needs work. ads for non members is tolerable but many will not register due to. members should not have there page messed up..

All web pages on the internet need to rethink the ad crap..ads are fine but content is more important. take a lesson from LQ and redesign
    cheers

I have an idea I think. It seems that at certain resolutions that the ad's cover the page and render it unreadable.
    I will attach two pics for an example...

Linux User
    Working on fixing this, thanks for the heads up.

Hey could you also respond to my email?