Find the answer to your Linux question:
I am not finding a logout button for the forum...I can log on but not out..there use to be a button on the bar with home member list etc. This ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

linux forums logout

I am not finding a logout button for the forum...I can log on but not out..there use to be a button on the bar with home member list etc. This is in firefox and opera9..what is going on?

oz
    forum.guy
    There's still a logout link on the far right at the top for me. It's on the dark blue bar.
    oz

Question

Similar issue here .I can't see links like UnAnswered posts Today's post. Even login link.
    I'm using (firefox 1.0.4).See attached screen shots.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    First they ignore you,Then they laugh at you,Then they fight with you,Then you win. - M.K.Gandhi
    -----
    FOSS India Award winning ext3fs Undelete tool www.giis.co.in. Online Linux Terminal http://www.webminal.org

Just Joined!
    In firefox 2.0011 the page seems to load but no log out in the far right
    in opera9 the page is messed up and no logout
    in seamonkey the page loads and I get the logout button in the far right but I have to log in to read this post as otherwise it is covered with ads and I can not read it.

Linux User
    Bucky, the post being covered with ads is being fixed. I'm using firefox 2.0011 too and I can still se the log out in the far right. We're also working on fixing the website to work fine with opera. Can you post some screenshots?

Just Joined!
    Thanks...your consideration and extra work are appreciated..I sometimes forget I am playing with garbage (computers)...but linux works so well on these old things...I currently have two p3 6xx running on 800x600 so that accounts for some of my issue...but
    I can load the forum on opera today and it looks good..still no logout

I did boot the 1024 and I get a LOG and can click to logout

here are the shots of 800 and 1024

http://my.opera.com/Buckster/albums/show.dml?id=493006

will clear this link later if thats ok...as I want to use the space for something else

Just Joined!
    Perhaps the solution to the logout button is to exchange " advanced " with " logout"...this would allow folks with some 800x600 units to logout

Just Joined!
    So does it matter that I can not log out?..I am just closeing the browser or page. or should I just not login at 800x600...which means not on these machines which I often need help with?

Quote Originally Posted by bucky View Post
    So does it matter that I can not log out?..I am just closeing the browser or page. or should I just not login at 800x600...which means not on these machines which I often need help with?
    I never Log out, I usually just close my Browser or Surf to a different page. Unless you have other People that use your machine, it's no big deal.
    I do not respond to private messages asking for Linux help, Please keep it on the forums only.
    All new users please read this.** Forum FAQS. ** Adopt an unanswered post.

I'd rather be lost at the lake than found at home.

Just Joined!
    Hmmm....well I guess that's it.