Find the answer to your Linux question:
This thread seems to me like spam: http://www.linuxforums.org/forum/art...light-art.html A guy trying to sell bulbs and lamps. Well. I am not sure if people around here use to report those kind ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Linux Guru

[SOLVED] Spam detected

This thread seems to me like spam:

http://www.linuxforums.org/forum/art...light-art.html

A guy trying to sell bulbs and lamps. Well.

I am not sure if people around here use to report those kind of activities. Since the traffic volume on this forum is not that high. But anyway, is there a thread where we (users) can report such kind of things on a centralized manner? On the Gentoo forums we have a sticky for that purpose, it's the first one in the forums feedback section:

Gentoo Forums :: View Forum - Gentoo Forums Feedback

So the users can help reporting threads that violate the forum rules (mostly spam). And the administrators and moderators just look into that thread, and erase the reports as soon as the relevant problem has been addressed. It seem to work pretty well there.

Thanks.

Just report it as spam using the symbol with ! in next to the status of the member ... maybe I am missing your point ?

Ed: as ozar says ... its the triangle icon report post under their use name.

oz
    forum.guy
    Definitely spam, but it's better to use the "report post" button under the user's username. It's the little red triangle icon.

Thanks for the feedback.
    oz

Linux Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonathan183 View Post
    Just report it as spam using the symbol with ! in next to the status of the member ... maybe I am missing your point ?

Ed: as ozar says ... its the triangle icon report post under their use name.
    Thanks. You didn't miss my point. It was I who missed that tiny triangle. I will use it next time instead. Thanks both.

oz
    forum.guy
    Yeah, I think lots of users don't realize that's the "report post" button. A mouse-over reveals its secret, but otherwise the only way to find out what it is would be to click on it to see where it goes.

A text link or an icon with the word "report" in it would probably be a better option for reporting posts.
    oz

Linux Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by ozar View Post
    Yeah, I think lots of users don't realize that's the "report post" button.
    Yup, count me in that group of .........