Find the answer to your Linux question:
I don't know if I'm just not seeing it or if it was removed because I usually just click on "Today's Posts" to see the newest threads but I went ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

What happened to the Arch Linux forum?

I don't know if I'm just not seeing it or if it was removed because I usually just click on "Today's Posts" to see the newest threads but I went to the forums front page and noticed that there is no longer any Arch Linux forum. Was it deleted? If so, why? I know it didn't get the most threads but it did get some good questions and I think it kind of inspired some people to try Arch. I can't see why deleting it would be any more justified than deleting the Yoper forum.

Quote Originally Posted by Thrillhouse View Post
    I don't know if I'm just not seeing it or if it was removed because I usually just click on "Today's Posts" to see the newest threads but I went to the forums front page and noticed that there is no longer any Arch Linux forum. Was it deleted? If so, why? I know it didn't get the most threads but it did get some good questions and I think it kind of inspired some people to try Arch. I can't see why deleting it would be any more justified than deleting the Yoper forum.
    The Arch forum, much like the Yoper forum, has attracted very few posts and in my opinion (and the opinion of a majority of the other mods) did not warrant its own section. I suggested getting rid of the Yoper forum, but apparently that has yet to be completed.
    Registered Linux user #270181
    TechieMoe's Tech Rants

oz
    forum.guy
    Quote Originally Posted by Thrillhouse View Post
    I can't see why deleting it would be any more justified than deleting the Yoper forum.
    It wasn't deleted but was moved to a sub-forum under Other Distributions. Yeah, I have no idea why the Yoper Forum remains in the main index, but it's not my call.

Thanks for the feedback, Thrillhouse.
    oz

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close