Results 1 to 3 of 3
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
- Join Date
- Apr 2003
- London, UK
Job Opportunity - Wiki Administrator x 1
Responsibilities are as follows:
- To take charge of all things wiki related, which may include :-
- To think about, plan and then create a suitable structure for wiki content
- To develop suitable policies for editing content
- To deny access to the wiki for those that abuse the wiki
- To be a central point of contact for wiki users for new ideas and in case of problems
- To promote the linuxforums wiki within the forums and externally where necessary
- Make forum members aware of things happening with the wiki
- If the selected administrator possesses PHP knowledge then may also have responsibility for maintaining and developing wiki code, including intergration with forum authentication database if necessary.
The right candidate will have the following essential skills:
- Strong inter-personal and communication skills
- Knowledge/experience of wiki systems
- Analytical mind - ability to plan ahead where necessary
- Be self motivated and able to work on own initive
In addition, the following skills are desirable, but not essential:
- Good knowledge of PHP and MySQL
- Knowledge of Mediawiki code internals a definate plus
- Experience of wiki administration an advantage
This is an unpaid voluntary position and may involve upto 5 hour avg of work each week, The first few weeks will involve slightly more. If you cannot offer that amount of time please do not apply. Successful candidate will have the opportunity to create assistant administrator role if they feel it to be necessary.
If you are interested in applying for this position please PM jasonlambert or email email@example.com. If applying for this position, please include details of how you meet the essential skills outlined above, and also include details of how you meet or exceed the desirable skills if applicable.
- Join Date
- Aug 2007
wiki administrator 1
Hello sir, I have all these desire qualification, which you mentioned on your post with 5 years working experience in this respective field. Recently I feel incoherent in my bossís behaviors and I decided to give up this company. So I hope you should understand my problem and would allow me for an interview.
- Join Date
- May 2004
- arch linux
This thread is three years old already and no longer relevant, so I'm locking it now...oz