Find the answer to your Linux question:
could we have a text-only style option of the forums? I find it easyer for readability and functionality.. especialy as im on 56k, it would allow me to answer questions ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Linux Engineer

text only

could we have a text-only style option of the forums? I find it easyer for readability and functionality.. especialy as im on 56k, it would allow me to answer questions faster!

Linux Guru
    You can select "subsilver" from the forum style in your user profile which would show you the old layout of the forums if you prefer that.

The problem for me creating multiple themes is it leaves me with more work. I hope to produce a way to hide the advertising banner on the new theme some time soon so that should speed things up..

Just so i know, can you give me any sort of indication as to how much slower you are finding the new design compared to the old one?

Jason

Linux Engineer
    Its not the new design thats causeing a problem - i like it. Even if there were no new design i would still sugest a text only version, just because I like it like that

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    Linux Engineer
    i agree it would be more faster if you open the page using lynx ..
    Linux For Ever!

Quote Originally Posted by variant
    Its not the new design thats causeing a problem - i like it. Even if there were no new design i would still sugest a text only version, just because I like it like that
    Ditto. Nothing wrong with the way the forums is now, I just prefer simpler things. (Yes, I use Blackbox. )
    Registered Linux user #270181
    TechieMoe's Tech Rants