Find the answer to your Linux question:
Howdy, I had an account on here called Van Halen Man. And just recently I tried to start a thread and it says that I don't have privileges to do ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

My other account banned?

Howdy, I had an account on here called Van Halen Man. And just recently I tried to start a thread and it says that I don't have privileges to do it or my account hasn't been activated yet, but I know that it has been activated since I used it a lot. I had 200 some posts with it..I started this account so that I could get some help and then have this one deleted or what ever. Has that account been banned for some unknown reason??

I've investigated, and according to the vBulletin software you're in the group of users "still awaiting email confirmation." I don't know how to change that from the screen it's on. It is odd that after 2 years you'd suddenly get bumped to "not confirmed." However we did recently upgrade the vBulletin forum software, so your account may have been a casualty of that.

:EDIT: Oh, and just to clarify, you were not banned.
    Registered Linux user #270181
    TechieMoe's Tech Rants

oz
    forum.guy
    When you change your email address, you have to confirm the new email address. It sounds like that's probably what happened here.
    oz

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    was I supposed to get an email or something? because I never did

EDIT: I found the email...but it says this when I click on the URL in it
    "We could not activate your account because this web address is not valid. Make sure that you have the entire address from the email, and that your email client has not split the address over several lines."
    now what?

oz
    forum.guy
    Someone with full admin permissions will probably have to look into it on your behalf. The moderators here don't have the permissions needed to make user profile changes.

Feel free to send any of the admins a PM regarding the details of the problem.
    oz

who are the admins?

Quote Originally Posted by VanHalenMan View Post
    who are the admins?
    The top 3 on this list, though I wouldn't advise contacting Core Wizard. He's not on much anymore.

http://www.linuxforums.org/forum/showgroups.php
    Registered Linux user #270181
    TechieMoe's Tech Rants