Find the answer to your Linux question:
i had an idea ,i don't really know if you like it...i thought that maybe somewhere in this site to put a a table of any users system specification in ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Linux Engineer

System specifications

i had an idea ,i don't really know if you like it...i thought that maybe somewhere in this site to put a a table of any users system specification in order to help someone with specific system configuration and not to ask useless questions like "what system do you have..etc".this table should be filled in users profile and should be shown every time someone wants to ask for help..
    Linux For Ever!

Re: System specifications

Quote Originally Posted by stathisx
    i had an idea ,i don't really know if you like it...i thought that maybe somewhere in this site to put a a table of any users system specification in order to help someone with specific system configuration and not to ask useless questions like "what system do you have..etc".this table should be filled in users profile and should be shown every time someone wants to ask for help..
    This kind of sounds like the Linux Counter:

http://www.counter.li.org

I'm registered user #270181! But yeah, I think this might be a good idea. Of course, a lot of the people having trouble aren't going to know what their system specifications are to begin with...
    Registered Linux user #270181
    TechieMoe's Tech Rants

Linux Engineer
    jason will probably have the final thought...but i think that it's a useful idea for all of us!
    Linux For Ever!

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    Linux Guru
    Idea duely noted. We're (mods/TP's & me) currently discussing something that could be very big and unique for user profiles, we'll include your idea into the disussion / overall picture. Thanks, Jason

Linux Engineer
    you're welcome !
    Linux For Ever!

Just Joined!

Great idea

This is a great idea because it would be helpful to all especially my being a self appointed (that "w" wor) guru that want to go all linux because im tired of the corprate bs that microsoft appoints and the bulkiness of all of their programming