Find the answer to your Linux question:
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
For example, look above, and you will see that this body text (right here) is much larger than the title above, next to the lightbulb: "Why are the thread titles ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

Lightbulb Why are the thread titles so small?

For example, look above, and you will see that this body text (right here) is much larger than the title above, next to the lightbulb: "Why are the thread titles so small?" Conventionally, titles and headings are larger than body text. Source shows that it's inside tags <div class="smallfont"> and <strong>...

Just curious can they be bigger?

-- Nate

oz
    forum.guy
    Thanks for the feedback, natrik.

The titles themselves are in bold print which differentiates them from the body text, at least enough so for me. I personally see no reason to have gigantic titles because they will do nothing more than cause the forums to look cluttered, crowded, and untidy.

Are you having problems reading the titles with their present font size?

Edit: for anyone having problems with font sizes, please see this post before posting here.

Thanks.
    Last edited by oz; 09-13-2008 at 06:25 PM.
    oz

Considering the fact that while searching the Forums the titles are a pretty good font size, I don't see any reason to make the title any bigger while actually viewing the posts inside of it. After all, it's like ozar said, doing it otherwise would make the page look cluttered and bulky.
    Jay

New users, read this first.
    New Member FAQ
    Registered Linux User #463940
    I do not respond to private messages asking for Linux help. Please keep it on the public boards.

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close

Arrow I'm talking about *THIS* text, the message title.

^^^^ That title up there. Next to the green arrow icon. Sorry, I should have said message titles, instead of thread titles.

Quote Originally Posted by ozar View Post
    Are you having problems reading the titles with their present font size?
    I can cope, but it's only 5-7px tall, which is a hair more than a millimeter tall on my screen in Firefox 3 (no zoom). (And at that size, bold has no effect, the strokes are 1px thick.) Just seemed like a design oversight that the message titles are so tiny compared to the adjacent body text. I guess the best thing to do is post a screenshot...

Just an offer for the comment box. Hopefully this clarifies my point.

-- Nate

oz
    forum.guy
    Nope, it's never looked like that on any of my machines at home, or those at work, and I don't remember anyone else ever bringing this up in the past.

Maybe your fonts aren't displaying correctly for some reason. If so, you'd need to start a new thread in the proper forum.
    oz

Either at home or at work or down the pub
    That's what it looks like on mine!
    "I used to be with it, then they changed what it was.
    Now what was it isn't it, and what is it is weird and scary to me.
    It'll happen to you too."

Grandpa Simpson

The Fifth Continent

oz
    forum.guy
    Here's what they look like on my machines and they've looked this way for about 4 years:

Notice that the two message titles shown in the screenshot are slightly smaller than the message text, but are in bold print and easily reveal themselves. In fact, you can differentiate between them and the message text without clicking on the thumbnail to make them full size.
    oz

Well, it looks like what natrik and elija told on my browser, without bold and font a few scale smaller. We can do one thing, we can make a poll about what people see to get the idea.
    Imran
    Linux User #467555 | Debian Squeeze | Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU 4500 @ 2.20GHz | Gigabyte GA-G41MT-ES2L
    | 2 GB RAM | 320 GB SATA | Kernel: 2.6.32-5-686

oz
    forum.guy
    I'm guessing that the forum fonts are set at their default values.

Just curious... have you guys set or tried adjusting your minimum font size in your web browser settings?
    oz

No I didn't change any font setting.
    Imran
    Linux User #467555 | Debian Squeeze | Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU 4500 @ 2.20GHz | Gigabyte GA-G41MT-ES2L
    | 2 GB RAM | 320 GB SATA | Kernel: 2.6.32-5-686

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast