Find the answer to your Linux question:
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
Hi. In the past 2 or 3 days, the response time in the forum has been noticeably long. I have not experienced this in any other web site that I ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    drl
    Saint Paul, MN, USA / CentOS, Debian, Slackware, {Free, Open, Net}BSD, Solaris

[SOLVED] Forum response time is long

Hi.

In the past 2 or 3 days, the response time in the forum has been noticeably long. I have not experienced this in any other web site that I have visited ... cheers, drl
    Welcome - get the most out of the forum by reading forum basics and guidelines: click here.
    90% of questions can be answered by using man pages, Quick Search, Advanced Search, Google search, Wikipedia.
    We look forward to helping you with the challenge of the other 10%.
    ( Mn, 2.6.n, AMD-64 3000+, ASUS A8V Deluxe, 1 GB, SATA + IDE, Matrox G400 AGP )

I have also noticed this. MatthewGx, could you perhaps look into this?
    Registered Linux user #270181
    TechieMoe's Tech Rants

Community Leader
    Thanks for the input. Is there anything specific you're doing when you notice slow page loads? About how long are we talking here? There is currently a known issue which should be resolved within the next few days. I'll let you know when that's done.

Community Leader
    Ok, everything has been updated so there are no known issues at this time. Let me know if slow page loads persist. I have noticed at times that when the pages are loading slow it's google analytics. I wonder if that's what you're seeing as well.

oz
    forum.guy
    Things definitely feel faster on my end. I'm not sure what was causing the slow responses from before, though. Hopefully, it will stay this way.

Thanks for the upgrades/fixes.
    oz

Either at home or at work or down the pub
    I'm resurrecting this thread as I am getting very slow response times at nearly 30 seconds for a page load; not always though.

Other sites seem to be fine.

Is LFO going through the pain of out-growing it's hardware? If so congratulations on being so popular
    What do we want?
    Time machines!

When do we want 'em?
    Doesn't really matter does it!?

The Fifth Continent

Community Leader
    Yes We are aware of this and currently looking at our architecture to see what we can do to maximize performance. Will keep you updated!

drl
    Saint Paul, MN, USA / CentOS, Debian, Slackware, {Free, Open, Net}BSD, Solaris
    Hi.

Response time is very long this morning -- e.g. 7 seconds just for this editing window to come up (and 17 seconds to post the message) ... cheers, drl
    Welcome - get the most out of the forum by reading forum basics and guidelines: click here.
    90% of questions can be answered by using man pages, Quick Search, Advanced Search, Google search, Wikipedia.
    We look forward to helping you with the challenge of the other 10%.
    ( Mn, 2.6.n, AMD-64 3000+, ASUS A8V Deluxe, 1 GB, SATA + IDE, Matrox G400 AGP )

oz
    forum.guy
    Quote Originally Posted by drl View Post
    Hi.

Response time is very long this morning -- e.g. 7 seconds just for this editing window to come up (and 17 seconds to post the message) ... cheers, drl
    Yep, it's killing me, too!

It's my understanding that we might be getting some new hardware soon, but I suppose there's nothing that can be done about until that happens.

Thanks again for the feedback.
    oz

I noticed it too but I thought it was just my "weak wimpy machine", thanks for the headsup.
    I do not respond to private messages asking for Linux help, Please keep it on the forums only.
    All new users please read this.** Forum FAQS. ** Adopt an unanswered post.

I'd rather be lost at the lake than found at home.

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast