Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hiya, I installed turck-mmcache, a page caching extension for PHP, onto the server a few hours ago so the site *should* be a bit faster. If you notice any improvement ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Linux Guru

Site Speed

Hiya,

I installed turck-mmcache, a page caching extension for PHP, onto the server a few hours ago so the site *should* be a bit faster.

If you notice any improvement in speed please let me know so i know its worth letting it keep the 16Mb RAM its currently hogging

Jason

Just Joined!
    Hi

The site does seem a bit quicker. I don't know if it pays off though.

I've noticed a problem though.

You enter a forum and select an unread topic. When you go back to that forum index, the topic above the one you read gets marked as read also.

This behavior started before you made this post, so i don't think it's related.

Linux User
    I have noticed that it is definetly quicker especially on dial up. I also have noticed that other behavior but it is only on one of my machines so assumed it was on my end.
    Long live the revolution!
    Have a nice day.
    If you want real change vote Libertarian!

Linux Newbie
    i was wondering why it was loading faster. it was a big enough diffence that i was about to look at the browser settings to see if i had changed something recently.