Find the answer to your Linux question:
I posted to the "The Coffee Lounge" a complaint concerning the lack of Linux tax software and my inability to use the WEB interfaces of those providing access to the ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Is this site now using our post to advertise for Microsoft?

I posted to the "The Coffee Lounge" a complaint concerning the lack of Linux tax software and my inability to use the WEB interfaces of those providing access to the "e-file" system. Someone has edited that post by embedding advertising for Microsoft and a blackberry .

Can anyone alter our posts? Is this kind of behavior now acceptable on the Linux Forums?

oz
    forum.guy
    Hi, dee2

I don't think anyone has actually edited your post.

Ads are placed into various posts by software that has been implemented by the owners of the forums. I'm pretty sure that all ads are rotated by this software, and if you check back later you will see a different ad in the same post.

Note that users who are logged in will see fewer ads than those that aren't. I don't see any ads at all because I always run Adblock Plus.

To answer your question, only you, forum admins, supermods, and trusted penguins can edit your post. Admins, Mods, and TP's only edit when deemed necessary.

Thanks for the feedback.
    oz