Find the answer to your Linux question:

View Poll Results: Would you like this board to have Google Ads revenue sharing?

Voters
7. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

1 14.29%
  • No

6 85.71%
Hello, I am a member of this community for a long time, and when I joined the forum, it had no ads at all. Than, few months after I joined, ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

Smile Google Ads Revenue Sharing

Hello,

I am a member of this community for a long time, and when I joined the forum, it had no ads at all.
    Than, few months after I joined, Google ads appeared on top of the forums (in header).
    Than, by months, more and more ads appeared, and now there are over 10 ads on each page.
    I don't hate ads, but so many of them are a bit annoying.

Anyways, since this community probably doesn't like ads (its just my guess), I have an idea, how you could make ads more friendly to members.
    Like the other forums (digitalpoint.com for example), this forum could have active revenue sharing, meaning:
    -If you are active member of the community your ad (just changed publisher ID) would appear on your thread for example 50% of the times.
    -Active sharing would be only for Google ads

Now, I guess this forum makes huge amount of money from ads, since it has many ads and many unique visitors each day.
    Sharing just a bit of this fortress wouldn't hurt, and it would make members even more active than they already are.

Its just my suggestion, and I hope to see some of your feedback soon.

Jan

Community Leader
    Interesting idea. I'll bring it up to MAS Media, the parent owners. Thanks for your feedback.

Quote Originally Posted by MatthewGx View Post
    Interesting idea. I'll bring it up to MAS Media, the parent owners. Thanks for your feedback.
    I'm glad to hear that. Hope they will make sharing come true.