Find the answer to your Linux question:
Ive been a member now for three day and was given guidelines to read. I gone over these and still kind of blurry on different issues . And I really ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

[SOLVED] A forums question ?

Ive been a member now for three day and was given guidelines to read. I gone over these and still kind of blurry on different issues . And I really don't want to mess things up for my self that might jeopardize my stay here . I put out a thread a couple of days ago, and got two responses . They made suggestions, I go to respond back and get a pop up saying I must have 16 ? cant recall before Im aloud to send messages. can you explain to me Thx

You can quote others but your response needs to be at least a minimum length (actually I think its 10 characters) ...
    Ed: or is there another issue?

Just Joined!
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonathan183 View Post
    You can quote others but your response needs to be at least a minimum length (actually I think its 10 characters) ...
    Oh may that what it is, They asked a question and I had to go into detail. Any thing I should be aware of. Who I can talk to and who not to talk to ?

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    You can talk to anybody you like here... or not. You decide!
    The main thing I think is that it has to be English, no double posting... things like that. You'll find this to be a very easy-going group.

Enjoy!
    Jay

New users, read this first.
    New Member FAQ
    Registered Linux User #463940
    I do not respond to private messages asking for Linux help. Please keep it on the public boards.

oz
    forum.guy
    Welcome to the forums, Rick... hope to see you around!

There was a new modification added to the forum software just last night that is intended to keep spammers from signing up, coming in, and then leaving their spam URLs on the board. That's probably the error message you saw regarding your post count.

Once you have posted enough times on the forums, you can start to post messages with URLs in them.

Regarding the forum rules here, they are fairly simple and to the point, but I doubt that you've broken any rules. You can check the link in the blue nav-bar at the top of this page and others if you want to check out the rules.

Hope that all made sense. Have fun on the forum!
    oz

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by ozar View Post
    There was a new modification added to the forum software just last night that is intended to keep spammers from signing up, coming in, and then leaving their spam URLs on the board.
    That's awesome! I'm glad you guys implemented this feature!
    Jay

New users, read this first.
    New Member FAQ
    Registered Linux User #463940
    I do not respond to private messages asking for Linux help. Please keep it on the public boards.