Find the answer to your Linux question:
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
I don't understand what I did wrong. I had as signature a link to my privat homepage. The link was snipped away by the moderator with the remark last warning. ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Linux Newbie

signature snipped away by moderator

I don't understand what I did wrong.
    I had as signature a link to my privat homepage.
    The link was snipped away by the moderator with the remark last warning.
    I didn't get any information what was wrong also I didn't get an answer when I asked for information.
    There are also others in the forum that have links in their signature. It is neither offensive nor political. I think at least an explication should be possible.

oz
    forum.guy
    Hi, computerophil

I'm not sure who might have removed your signature, but it might not have in compliance with the Forum Rules in the mind of that particular moderator.

Hope this helps.
    oz

Linux Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by ozar View Post
    Hi, computerophil

I'm not sure who might have removed your signature, but it might not have in compliance with the Forum Rules in the mind of that particular moderator.

Hope this helps.
    Thanks, I know my english is not the best one.
    But I can't find a rule that forbids to have a link to the proper homepage.
    Different members have it as I saw.
    And if a moderator thinks that something is not OK he could leave a PM with the information why so you even would know with whom you would have to discuss or to explain why you think different.

My homePage is mainly a link-collection concerning linux. It is nether religious nor political it isn't offensive. It would be able to help others. There are links to older versions of KNOPPIX and Puppy, links to derivates in different languages etc. Links that often are difficult to find.

So I don't understand what had been the reason to snipp it away and why I was warned.

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    hmm, I dont understand German (if that was German). But his site seemed non-offensive. It didnot seem to have links to other forums. It does not even have a google ad-sense portion in it.

Well, thats my personal opinion. Again, I don't understand the language. But I feel the moderators may take a look at this issue again.

Computerophil, though the link is snipped, we still can visit your site by copying the webpage address, 'computerophil.at'
    A candle looses nothing by lighting other candles. - Khalil Zibran.
    Registered Linux User #490076

The fact that it's in German, or Dutch, may have been the issue.
    From the Rules:
    7. All parts of Posts, Signatures, and Avatars (with wording) must be in English
    Jay

New users, read this first.
    New Member FAQ
    Registered Linux User #463940
    I do not respond to private messages asking for Linux help. Please keep it on the public boards.

Linux Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by saivin View Post
    Computerophil, though the link is snipped, we still can visit your site by copying the webpage address, 'computerophil.at'
    Because I have put it as signature again. There was just the message instead "snipped away by moderator" "last warning" beeing with all my posts.

Linux Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by jayd512 View Post
    The fact that it's in German, or Dutch, may have been the issue.
    From the Rules:
    Would that mean that also to goal adress would have to be in english language?
    All parts or just the first page?

oz
    forum.guy
    At the bottom of the forum rules, you'll find the following brief statement:

Interpretation of these rules is at the sole discretion of the moderator and all decisions are final. If you have a concern or would like clarification of any of these rules, please contact a moderator via PM
    Most of the Moderators here probably won't be willing to argue their administrative actions in a public forum, but it wouldn't hurt to contact that Moderator by PM should you choose to do so. Of course, as stated above, the final decision is left with the Moderator.

Hope that helps.
    oz

Phil,
    That clears up everything... Forget it mate.. move on. may be someday if you prove yourself so useful here, they may even put your webaddress in their signature under useful links...
    A candle looses nothing by lighting other candles. - Khalil Zibran.
    Registered Linux User #490076

Linux Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by ozar View Post
    At the bottom of the forum rules, you'll find the following brief statement:

Most of the Moderators here probably won't be willing to argue their administrative actions in a public forum, but it wouldn't hurt to contact that Moderator by PM should you choose to do so. Of course, as stated above, the final decision is left with the Moderator.

Hope that helps.
    I would have done so but I also don't know which moderator it was so I couldn't send a PM. And a generally contact- Mail with this question to the forum wasn't answered. So I had to ask here because I don't want to be banned from this forum without knowing why.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast