Find the answer to your Linux question:
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
I don't whether It's happens only to me. Each LF page takes long time load. Espeically after the ad for writing articles started to appear .. Does any one feeling ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

Exclamation LF takes long time to load

I don't whether It's happens only to me.
    Each LF page takes long time load.
    Espeically after the ad for writing articles started to appear .. Does any one feeling the same experience?
    First they ignore you,Then they laugh at you,Then they fight with you,Then you win. - M.K.Gandhi
    -----
    FOSS India Award winning ext3fs Undelete tool www.giis.co.in. Online Linux Terminal http://www.webminal.org

Nope, that happens to me too. The internet connection at work isn't too fast but the top part of the page loads and I am left waiting for the actual content that I want. I thought it was just me...
    Linux User #453176

oz
    forum.guy
    Thanks for the feedback, guys... this has been under discussion in the admin forum for a few days, now.

Is the web site loading slowly for you, or does it seem to be hanging at some point in the process? If it's the latter, can you check to see what shows up in your browser status bar during any hang times and report back with that info?

Thanks.
    oz

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    What tends to happen, for me anyway, is the top of the page load quickly up to the line:

Code:
    Hello there, you seem quite active at Linux Forums, and we would like to take this spot to thank you for that. We would also like to ask you whether you can contribute to our Downloads Directory by adding some new software there in order to let the world know more and more about all the software that runs on Linux!
    Although sometimes it also loads the next line (the location I am in, such as)...

Code:
    Comments / Feedback / Suggestions   Post bugs, comments, suggestions and anything else site related in here. Also see the Site News section for LinuxForums announcements
    Then the page takes sometime longer to load the rest of the content below. The status bar has the message "opening http://www.linuxforums.org/forum/..." and eventually the rest loads. This happens on most page requests although it usually happens quickly enough to not be a problem. "Sometimes real fast is as good as real-time" As someone’s signature advises...
    Linux User #453176

Yes,As Kieren said, top page loads quicker than rest.

it loads upto
    Comments / Feedback / Suggestions
    then takes more time to load thread/content below.I think this should be prevented or avoided,please make sure to load whole page quickly,as it was eariler.
    First they ignore you,Then they laugh at you,Then they fight with you,Then you win. - M.K.Gandhi
    -----
    FOSS India Award winning ext3fs Undelete tool www.giis.co.in. Online Linux Terminal http://www.webminal.org

Community Leader
    We're aware of this and looking into it. It appears to be a problem with some of the advertisers, I believe. Please post here if you continue to see speed issues.

Thanks!

Either at home or at work or down the pub
    Quote Originally Posted by MatthewGx View Post
    We're aware of this and looking into it. It appears to be a problem with some of the advertisers, I believe. Please post here if you continue to see speed issues.

Thanks!
    I'm not having any speed issues with Linux Forums but I would just like to say that you are not the only ones having this problem! It's adverts in our case too
    "I used to be with it, then they changed what it was.
    Now what was it isn't it, and what is it is weird and scary to me.
    It'll happen to you too."

Grandpa Simpson

The Fifth Continent

Please post here if you continue to see speed issues.
    Its seems like the problem is resolved,now. It's not hanging as was previously.
    -----

I am still experiencing this at work. It is not noticeable with my home internet which is much faster
    Linux User #453176

oz
    forum.guy
    It definitely seems to be an intermittent issue and is still under discussion in Moderator Forum. In addition, it's my understanding that Matthew has been talking to the website owners about it.
    oz

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast