Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hi. I tried to update my signature and I received the message: Your signature cannot be longer than 510 characters including BB code markup. Can the limit be increased -- ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    drl
    Saint Paul, MN, USA / CentOS, Debian, Slackware, {Free, Open, Net}BSD, Solaris

Length of signature

Hi.

I tried to update my signature and I received the message:
    Your signature cannot be longer than 510 characters including BB code markup.
    Can the limit be increased -- either generally, or effectively by ignoring markup? Thanks ... cheers, drl
    Welcome - get the most out of the forum by reading forum basics and guidelines: click here.
    90% of questions can be answered by using man pages, Quick Search, Advanced Search, Google search, Wikipedia.
    We look forward to helping you with the challenge of the other 10%.
    ( Mn, 2.6.n, AMD-64 3000+, ASUS A8V Deluxe, 1 GB, SATA + IDE, Matrox G400 AGP )

I'll post this in the TP/MOD area for discussion and see what they say since I can't answer this for you. Stay tuned!
    I do not respond to private messages asking for Linux help, Please keep it on the forums only.
    All new users please read this.** Forum FAQS. ** Adopt an unanswered post.

I'd rather be lost at the lake than found at home.

drl, this has been discussed in the TP/MOD area and everyone has voted that we need to keep the signature limit right where it is. We feel that 150 characters should be more than plenty of room for each users signature. Thanks for your input.
    I do not respond to private messages asking for Linux help, Please keep it on the forums only.
    All new users please read this.** Forum FAQS. ** Adopt an unanswered post.

I'd rather be lost at the lake than found at home.