Find the answer to your Linux question:
What sort of false information is acceptable to have in your information or profile? Are false birthdays acceptable? In the interests of anonymity or humor, are some things upsetting?...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Banned

[SOLVED] False information in a profile.

What sort of false information is acceptable to have in your information or profile? Are false birthdays acceptable? In the interests of anonymity or humor, are some things upsetting?

oz
    forum.guy
    I've never heard that a true date of birth is required here or on any other forum for that matter. I really don't know how anyone here would verify anything in someone's profile.
    oz

Banned
    Would doing something like that ever affect anything ... I don't know that I could personally do it, but say someone was the type of person that could become a Trusted Penguin or something along those lines ... Would having a fake name, fake birthday, fake information cause some sort of troubles? Me, for instance, right this second I have a fake birthday in my profile, it's humorous because it's Jeff Goldblum's birthday. I was thinking about changing it, because it's sort of like impersonating someone ... I don't know if there's something wrong about it, or odd - borderline, even.

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    oz
    forum.guy
    Again, how would we verify it?

We don't do background checks for TP or Moderator positions. You could be the real Jeff Goldblum for all we know, but that won't land you an admin position on the forums any faster. The only potential problem that I see is if Jeff Goldblum should decide to sue you for using his name and image on a website. If he doesn't care, I seriously doubt that anyone here does.
    oz

Banned

Cool, I'm just going to make my birthday different than his ...