Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hi. In post http://www.linuxforums.org/forum/lin...tml#post712667 , Cabhan explained the situation, then asked a question of the OP. However, the topic was closed, which makes it difficult for the OP to answer ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    drl
    Saint Paul, MN, USA / CentOS, Debian, Slackware, {Free, Open, Net}BSD, Solaris

[SOLVED] Question asked, then topic closed

Hi.

In post http://www.linuxforums.org/forum/lin...tml#post712667 , Cabhan explained the situation, then asked a question of the OP.

However, the topic was closed, which makes it difficult for the OP to answer the question ... cheers, drl
    Welcome - get the most out of the forum by reading forum basics and guidelines: click here.
    90% of questions can be answered by using man pages, Quick Search, Advanced Search, Google search, Wikipedia.
    We look forward to helping you with the challenge of the other 10%.
    ( Mn, 2.6.n, AMD-64 3000+, ASUS A8V Deluxe, 1 GB, SATA + IDE, Matrox G400 AGP )

Not sure why this was marked as solved. Unsolved it. Should be able to post now.
    Registered Linux user #270181
    TechieMoe's Tech Rants

oz
    forum.guy
    Quote Originally Posted by drl View Post
    However, the topic was closed, which makes it difficult for the OP to answer the question ... cheers, drl
    From what I can tell by using one of the admin functions to see the history of that thread, it appears that it was the OP him/herself that closed it. If I'm not mistaken, the OP can reopen threads that they've closed should they wish to do so.

Thanks for the feedback.
    oz

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    drl
    Hi.
    Quote Originally Posted by ozar View Post
    From what I can tell by using one of the admin functions to see the history of that thread, it appears that it was the OP him/herself that closed it. If I'm not mistaken, the OP can reopen threads that they've closed should they wish to do so.

Thanks for the feedback.
    That would explain it, thanks ... cheers, drl
    Welcome - get the most out of the forum by reading forum basics and guidelines: click here.
    90% of questions can be answered by using man pages, Quick Search, Advanced Search, Google search, Wikipedia.

drl
    Hi.

Yes, I just tried it on this thread. In menu Thread Tools, there are selections for marking the thread solved / unsolved, which also closes / re-opens the thread ... cheers, drl