Find the answer to your Linux question:
I'm probably being really dense here but where on earth do I add a signature to my posts? probably staring me in the face but I cant see it!!! Mike...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    oxf
    Linux Newbie

[SOLVED] Can't edit Signature

I'm probably being really dense here but where on earth do I add a signature to my posts? probably staring me in the face but I cant see it!!!

Mike

Up at the top left corner, under the solid blue bar with Home, Forums, etc, you'll see an entry for UserCP just to the right of Forum Home.

oxf
    Linux Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by reed9 View Post
    Up at the top left corner, under the solid blue bar with Home, Forums, etc, you'll see an entry for UserCP just to the right of Forum Home.
    Uhm yes I got that far but I cant see where in UserCP to add it. I assumed its under profile/edit details or something. As I say probably being dense!
    Mike

Quote Originally Posted by oxf View Post
    Uhm yes I got that far but I cant see where in UserCP to add it. I assumed its under profile/edit details or something. As I say probably being dense!
    Mike
    In the UserCP you should see a list of links on the left hand side. In the section marked "Setting & Options" the second link down says "Edit Signature."
    Registered Linux user #270181
    TechieMoe's Tech Rants

oxf
    Linux Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by techieMoe View Post
    In the UserCP you should see a list of links on the left hand side. In the section marked "Setting & Options" the second link down says "Edit Signature."
    Yes I see that, but under "setting and Options" I only have the following in this order:

Edit Avatar
    Edit Email/Password
    Edit Options
    Edit Ignore list

I can see signature?

Well, this reminds me how I tried to explain to my bank tech support I do not have the "Pay Bills" button once logged in. They kept telling me their site works with Netscape. I had to close my account. (Their Netscape worked on Windows platform only, I tried it on my neighbors computer.)

Hmm... That's odd. I'm moving this thread to the "Comments/Feedback/Suggestions" section as it may be a bug in our forum software.
    TechieMoe's Tech Rants

oz
    forum.guy
    Hello, oxf!

There is no option in the User Control Panel for adding/editing a signature for users with less than 100 posts due to a forum modification that was added a month or so back. Once a user reaches 100 posts, the option will appear in your User Control Panel.
    oz

Quote Originally Posted by ozar View Post
    Hello, oxf!

There is no option in the User Control Panel for adding/editing a signature for users with less than 100 posts due to a forum modification that was added a month or so back. Once a user reaches 100 posts, the option will appear in your User Control Panel.
    Thanks for the heads up, ozar. I wasn't aware of this.
    TechieMoe's Tech Rants

oxf
    Linux Newbie

Red face

Quote Originally Posted by ozar View Post
    Hello, oxf!

OK so I was not hallucinating! I've gone around and around for several weeks now thinking I missing something really obvious and too emabarased to ask this question LOL.
    Oh well

Mike