Find the answer to your Linux question:
Not that it would be especially busy, but... It would be helpful and fun to have a sub-forum here for "Linux kids" and teens. There is one other place on ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

[SOLVED] A New Sub-forum?

Not that it would be especially busy, but...

It would be helpful and fun to have a sub-forum here for "Linux kids" and teens. There is one other place on the net for Linux teens (TeensOnLinux.org), but they're more about IRC than regular contributions to their forums. Posts go unanswered there for months, so I've found out. One here might be busier because it wouldn't have to be an afterthought like TOL is. Besides, TOL is aimed at teens, but pre-teens are a growing number of Linux users too, and it'd be cool for them to have a place to themselves too (moderated of course).

Just a thought. Maybe you all have talked about it before, but judging by the number of 9-12-yr-olds on Ubuntu's forums alone, it might be worth trying here.

Amy

Personally, I think this would be counter-intuitive. No one here on the forums really pays attention to a poster's age so long as they can form a cohesive question or answer someone else's. Not to mention having a separate section of the forum for members of a certain age opens up the possibility of duplicate questions and answers for common questions.
    Registered Linux user #270181
    TechieMoe's Tech Rants

SOLVED: Linux Kids Group

It's here! But it's not a sub-forum. It's a social group right here on Linux Forums. There are only two of us in it so far, and I know there are more of us kids here than that! So kids, check it out!

Amy

Last edited by devils casper; 09-30-2009 at 03:02 AM. Reason: font size.

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close