Find the answer to your Linux question:
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
You know I could swear I had this problem before and figured out what the problem was, but it seems that it's happened again. There's seemingly now way to edit ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

[SOLVED] I can't edit my posts.

You know I could swear I had this problem before and figured out what the problem was, but it seems that it's happened again. There's seemingly now way to edit my posts. Is it just after a certain amount of time that users no longer have the ability, because I could swear that I had edited the post in question shortly after I posted, but I just spotted something now that I needed to rectify that I cannot.

Anyway, I couldn't find anything about it in a FAQ or anything, but I could swear I've asked before, so sorry for bringing it up again...

oz
    forum.guy
    I'm not familiar with anyone else running into this issue. Is it all of your posts that you can't edit, or just certain ones?

I just did a search of this particular forum and couldn't find where you've reported it in the past, but perhaps I missed it.
    oz

Well, it happens to all of my posts, but it seems like it's only after a specific amount of time goes by. I just posted a reply in a thread I started, and then the edit button was there for it. However, in the original post that belonged to me, no edit button.

Here's the link if that helps:

http://www.linuxforums.org/forum/lin...generator.html

I'm not sure what the time limit is but yes, you can only edit posts for a while. I believe itís because the posts get archived
    Linux User #453176

oz
    forum.guy
    I'm a bit confused by this because I see where other members have edited their posts each and every day, so I see no reason for you not being able to edit yours. Either way, I've posted a note about this matter in the admin forum for discussion and will report back when I know more.
    oz

Community Leader
    @SagaciousKJB, apologies on the late response. Have you tried other browsers? Different computers? I'm looking to narrow the problem down... definitely strange.

oz
    forum.guy
    Sometimes, something as simple as clearing the browser cache clears up odd problems for me. Don't know if it will help in this case, though.
    oz

Quote Originally Posted by MatthewGx View Post
    @SagaciousKJB, apologies on the late response. Have you tried other browsers? Different computers? I'm looking to narrow the problem down... definitely strange.
    Just tried on Konquerror, and then with Internet Explorer on Windows XP, and I get the same problem.

Are you a member of any other forums? Do you have this problem any where else?
    I do not respond to private messages asking for Linux help, Please keep it on the forums only.
    All new users please read this.** Forum FAQS. ** Adopt an unanswered post.

I'd rather be lost at the lake than found at home.

Either at home or at work or down the pub
    As with most forum software there is a limit on the age of posts you can edit. Here it seems to be about 1 day which is fairly generous compared to some.
    What do we want?
    Time machines!

When do we want 'em?
    Doesn't really matter does it!?

Conkybots: Interactive plugins for your Conkys!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast