Find the answer to your Linux question:
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
The search engine of the site seems to have a major problem. At least for me... All the links in a search results page have linuxforums. com in them. You ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

[SOLVED] Search Results Bugged

The search engine of the site seems to have a major problem.

At least for me...

All the links in a search results page have linuxforums.com in them. You have to manually switch it to .org after clicking the link, or the page won't load.

Quote Originally Posted by TaylanUB View Post
    The search engine of the site seems to have a major problem.

At least for me...

All the links in a search results page have linuxforums.com in them. You have to manually switch it to .org after clicking the link, or the page won't load.
    Can you show us an example? I see what you mean when you say the links point to linuxforums.com, but the links are actually working for me.
    I do not respond to private messages asking for Linux help, Please keep it on the forums only.
    All new users please read this.** Forum FAQS. ** Adopt an unanswered post.

I'd rather be lost at the lake than found at home.

Just Joined!
    It tries to load for a long time, the bottom browser bar (Firefox) saying ``Waiting for www(dot)linuxforums.com'', and then it says that the connection with the server was lost.

When i switch the .com to .org, it loads normally.

(By the way, it won't load linuxforums.com itself either.)

But OK, if no one else is experiencing this, then sorry and nevermind.

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    If something is messed up we really need to know about this. If our links aren't working then that means our members are not getting the results they need. Can you point us to a specific link that does not work?
    I do not respond to private messages asking for Linux help, Please keep it on the forums only.

Just Joined!
    OK, the Download Search Results and Host Search Results work as expected. They have .org anyway.

The Forum Search Results, which all have .com in their links, cause the problem i described. Tries to load for some time (saying ``Waiting for linuxforums.com'') then loses connection. Works when i replace the .com with .org in the link.

As i just noticed, and this is actually another issue, /some/ of the Article Search Results don't work either, but in a different way. They have .org in the link, and the page loads, but some of the results (my bet is on deleted articles) just lead to a `blank' article page. Here's a few:
    linuxforums.org/articles/help-me-please_433.html
    linuxforums.org/articles/open-source-share_419.html
    linuxforums.org/articles/the-dimensions-of-linux-a-possible-new-way-of-choosing-a-distro_421.html
    (Found those in search results for `linux': search.linuxforums.org/search/all/linux/)

I have reported this to the Moderators, we'll try and keep you posted. Thanks

oz
    forum.guy
    I'm unable to duplicate the issue, as I always have an org extension with any search that I do.

Perhaps MatthewGx will chime in with some info that might explain or fix the problem.
    oz

Quote Originally Posted by MikeTbob View Post
    I see what you mean when you say the links point to linuxforums.com, but the links are actually working for me.
    Same here, though I have to admit that I never noticed the .com extension until now. But all the same, no problems following the links here.
    Jay

New users, read this first.
    New Member FAQ
    Registered Linux User #463940
    I do not respond to private messages asking for Linux help. Please keep it on the public boards.

The search is skewed though, I did a search for "linux" using the search at the top of every page, all the articles on the left side are blank, like they have been removed.
    Find the answer to your Linux question: SEARCH
    Search Results in All - Linux Forums

Ah... I see what you mean.
    I did the same thing with a few other search string, same thing happens.
    Jay

New users, read this first.
    New Member FAQ
    Registered Linux User #463940
    I do not respond to private messages asking for Linux help. Please keep it on the public boards.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast