Find the answer to your Linux question:
So, I'm not sure I'm even posting this in the right place. But it seemed the most relevant place. I'm a new user, trying to post in the programming forums. ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

[SOLVED] Not allowed to post links in my posts?

So, I'm not sure I'm even posting this in the right place. But it seemed the most relevant place. I'm a new user, trying to post in the programming forums. There's some sort of restriction it seems on "posting links to other sites" until you have 15 posts or more. Well.. evidently something about my post is flagging as having links.. as it's a programming post it's got plenty of backslashes and periods, I don't know if that's the cause or not. I tried going back and adding spaces all over the place to pad between words and backslashes... nogo there either. Is there anything I can do to solve this problem? Maybe run the post by a mod who can approve it or something?

Thanks.

oz
    forum.guy
    Welcome to the forums!

You can probably remove any of the following characters from your post as a temporary work around:

http
    @

Edit:
    adding spaces as you indicated above will usually work as well.
    Last edited by oz; 10-23-2009 at 09:29 PM.
    oz

when posting programming related questions, you should always post inside of code tags to preserve formatting, this will also get around the link problem

Just Joined!
    ... bahahaha. The problem was an '@' the whole time? Ugh. Hadn't even Considered that. It specified "urls to other sites," so I never even considered it was looking at something as possibly an email. Thanks!