Find the answer to your Linux question:
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Originally Posted by MatthewGx Can you be more specific on the proxy? Do you have the same issue in all browsers? Does it work from another computer? What login page ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    oxf
    Linux Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by MatthewGx View Post
    Can you be more specific on the proxy? Do you have the same issue in all browsers? Does it work from another computer? What login page are you using?

Please answer all questions (anyone having this problem) so we can better troubleshoot this.

Thanks
    Hi Mathew..

The proxy is one of those that are publically available to get around blocks, in this case "http://entertainmentawards.info" I only have FF3 available right now. I can try it from the other PC but will have to wait till morning as my partners doing "important" docs on it. This just started for me yesterday when it rejected my password, and keeps rejecting the new ones. Never had problems before.

I'll report back in the morning!

Thanks

Linux Guru
    Well, Aint this a Wonderment. Just booted up my Panasonic (haven't ran it in weeks) Cf-48 with Ubuntu 8.04 LTS. Opened up Epiphany Web Browser. Saw reply in email. So I tried to login and guess what. Same problems as Hazel. So I had to use Firefox which already had me logged in to reply to this latest weirdness.

So I used a different Computer and Different browser (same distro on both computers) and Hazels problem surfaced. So problem (my uneducated guess) is site related.

My other post was done from my Desktop IBM M57 Ubuntu 8.04 LTS which had no problems. It stays on and stays logged in to this site is all I can figure. Oh, and Epiphany is the one browser I don't have installed on my Desktop.

Community Leader
    Thanks. I need to check if we're doing any development on the authentication side. If anyone else is having this issue, please let us know.

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    Well, I'm glad it's not just me! I've just logged in with seamonkey in dsl-N so it's not the case that all Firefox clones are affected. For me the problem started on Sunday and I had not updated or reconfigured anything at that time. Also, as far as I can tell, no other siteis affected. It's purely a Linux Forums problem. So it must have something to do with your server's authentication system.
    "I'm just a little old lady; don't try to dazzle me with jargon!"
    www.hrussman.entadsl.com

Yes! It worked! I'm on Safari now, but I've been out for a week thinking it was just forums issues. It happens to both Firefox and Internet Explorer.

Linux Guru
    so it's not the case that all Firefox clones are affected
    I installed Chromium Browser also yesterday. Fresh install and I couldn't log in with it either in Ubuntu 8.04 LTS on same Panasonic CF-48 also.

oxf
    Linux Newbie
    Well it was happening to me in FF and in windows IE earlier today. However, I've just logged in via Ubuntu/FF and got in first time. So maybe its been fixed?

Hey, I'm in! Back with Firefox under Crux and it accepted me. Maybe the wizards have fixed whatever was wrong. Or is it just luck?
    "I'm just a little old lady; don't try to dazzle me with jargon!"
    www.hrussman.entadsl.com

I can use IE again! If this is luck, I hope it stays!

Just Joined!

Thumbs down Huge massive problems logging in!!

I've been trying to login for the better part of 3 days. I've sent emails to the webmaster and reset my password several times...i even created a new account...It would be great if there was some contact info on your home page for users with authentication issues. I was just about to give up on the site altogether...and decided to give it one more shot...I reset my password...and finally...finally got through.

I'm guessing you had something mucked up with the authentication process over the last few days....very frustrating.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast