Find the answer to your Linux question:
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Originally Posted by linuxgate I've been trying to login for the better part of 3 days. I've sent emails to the webmaster and reset my password several times...i even created ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    oxf
    Linux Newbie

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by linuxgate View Post
    I've been trying to login for the better part of 3 days. I've sent emails to the webmaster and reset my password several times...i even created a new account...It would be great if there was some contact info on your home page for users with authentication issues. I was just about to give up on the site altogether...and decided to give it one more shot...I reset my password...and finally...finally got through.

I'm guessing you had something mucked up with the authentication process over the last few days....very frustrating.
    The site had some "technical" problems which seem like they have now been resolved. I dont think creating a new account is the way to deal with it though.

Just Joined!
    Quote Originally Posted by oxf View Post
    The site had some "technical" problems which seem like they have now been resolved. I dont think creating a new account is the way to deal with it though.
    There was no way for me to know that the site was having technical issues at the time. Creating a new account seemed to be the only rational way to fix the problem, since I couldn't use my old email address to reset the password.

oz
    forum.guy
    I'm still not sure that the site was actually having any issues, or if it was, that there have been any fixes put in place, as we've not heard anything back from the owners/administrators that either was the case so far as I know.

Still, I'm glad that things seem to be working for our members again, and that you can get past the login procedure.

Thanks to all for the continued feedback!
    oz

A late comer to this party but yes. I've had this issue as well. I wiped my Firefox all except for bookmarks and tried to sign in by hand. I put in my exact user name and password and it fails repeatedly. Luckily Firefox is picking up my user name and password from something else and is remembering them here. That is the only way I've been able to get in.
    Linux Mint + IceWM Registered: #371367 New Members: click here

Community Leader
    To confirm, you checked your password in your browser to make sure it's the correct one when you try entering by hand?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by MatthewGx View Post
    To confirm, you checked your password in your browser to make sure it's the correct one when you try entering by hand?

Thanks
    Yes. Since I use the same username and password in other places, I can get the sign in page here to accept that. But still when trying to input both in the right side sign in, it fails when typing them out. I'm going to check it again now and see if there is any change...

Hmmm, all seems to be good now. No problems now when typing in username and password.
    Linux Mint + IceWM Registered: #371367 New Members: click here

Community Leader
    That's weird still... ok, let me know if this problem resurfaces.

I've not had any problems lately.
    "I'm just a little old lady; don't try to dazzle me with jargon!"
    www.hrussman.entadsl.com

oxf
    Linux Newbie
    I've not had any problems in the last week or so

I do note that this site is slower to load than it used to be or other sites though, although that may be due to something at my end or somewhere down the line?

oz
    forum.guy
    Quote Originally Posted by oxf View Post
    I've not had any problems in the last week or so

I do note that this site is slower to load than it used to be or other sites though, although that may be due to something at my end or somewhere down the line?
    This has been a really strange issue for a while now, and each time we think we are past any problems, someone else reports that it's breaking for them. Hopefully we are past that for good.

Regarding the speed issues, this site was terribly slow for many years, but about year ago some changes were made that increased the site speed dramatically, and it's remained fast on my end. If you should decide it is something with the site causing speed issues for you, be sure to start a new thread with the details.

Thanks for the feedback!
    oz

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast