Find the answer to your Linux question:
- is it legitimate? the actual sender is something called : 144542@priorityoneemail.com which ive never heard of. and has this address in the email MAS Media 2711 Centreville Road Suite ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

questions about the daily news email i keep getting

- is it legitimate? the actual sender is something called :

144542@priorityoneemail.com

which ive never heard of.
    and has this address in the email

MAS Media

2711 Centreville Road
    Suite 400
    Wilmington, DE
    US

- is it safe to unsubscribe to the newsletter? given that the unsubscribe link takes me to somewhere called -

http://autocontactor.com/

- why have i only just started getting daily news? ive never had it before this last few days.
    i never subscribed to any newsletters in the past. and certainly havent subscribed to any recently because i havent even been on this site for months.

drl
    Saint Paul, MN, USA / CentOS, Debian, Slackware, {Free, Open, Net}BSD, Solaris
    Hi.

I agree. I've gotten a few "eNews" mailings in the past, but now it's becoming intrusive.

Does anyone know why there has been such a recent flurry?

The "unsubscribe" page linked in the email is not informative ... cheers, drl
    Welcome - get the most out of the forum by reading forum basics and guidelines: click here.
    90% of questions can be answered by using man pages, Quick Search, Advanced Search, Google search, Wikipedia.
    We look forward to helping you with the challenge of the other 10%.
    ( Mn, 2.6.n, AMD-64 3000+, ASUS A8V Deluxe, 1 GB, SATA + IDE, Matrox G400 AGP )

oz
    forum.guy
    Hi, spongefinger

Just wanted to let you know that I've posted about your question in the administrator's forum, so hopefully someone that knows the details about this will respond soon.
    oz

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    Just Joined!
    thanks for that ozar.

its probably me just being paranoid, but i do have fears that clicking unsubscribe is going to give the go ahead to a spam bot to start mailing my address with phallic enlargement and cheap watch adverts. lol

Community Leader
    It is legit to unsubscribe, it's definitely not spam (eg. you won't get spammed more if you unsubscribe... you'll be removed).

Just Joined!
    ok, thankyou Matthew.

any reason as to why ive suddenly started getting them recently when ive never received them before?

Community Leader
    I believe they just started. I'll try to get some clarification and get back to you.