Find the answer to your Linux question:
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Other than using the link in the newsletter itself, is there a way to cancel it? I don't see any relevant options anywhere in the user control panel. For now, ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Canceling the email newsletter

Other than using the link in the newsletter itself, is there a way to cancel it? I don't see any relevant options anywhere in the user control panel. For now, I just used the link at the bottom of the newsletter, but what happens if I want it back sometime in the future?

Also, who is MAS Media, and why does my email seem to be in their database for the purpose of newsletter distribution? I thought LinuxForums didn't give emails to third parties . . . .

I think that is the only way to unsubscribe, I'm not to sure how to re-subscribe, hopefully someone else can help out here.
    MASMedia is the owner of Linuxforums.org they aren't "giving out" your email.
    I do not respond to private messages asking for Linux help, Please keep it on the forums only.
    All new users please read this.** Forum FAQS. ** Adopt an unanswered post.

I'd rather be lost at the lake than found at home.

oz
    forum.guy
    At one time, I thought you could subscribe or unsubscribe by checking or unchecking the "Receive email from administrators" box in the User Control Panel / Edit Options section, but I'm not sure how it works anymore.
    oz

Community Leader
    Yeah, the best thing to do is unsubscribe right now. I talked to MAS Media about this. It looks like some people like the idea, some don't. I'd recommend unsubscribing at this point in time.

oz
    forum.guy
    Quote Originally Posted by CruelKnave View Post
    but what happens if I want it back sometime in the future?
    If you'll keep a copy of one of the newletters, you might be able to use either the unsubscribe or update info link to subscribe again should you wish to do so. I've never tried it so don't know for sure that it will work.
    oz

Community Leader
    @CruelKnave, good question. I'm not too sure on that. I think we might have a separate newsletter for really important news, but I'll let you know if I hear anything else on this.

Just Joined!

Unhappy Update contact info doesn't work for me

I have been trying to change the email address that the newsletter goes to for a week or two, but the "update contact info" function does not do it, and changing my email address in the User Control Panel has no effect, so I have just unsubscribed from the newsletter. However, I can find no way of re-subscribing to it, and I can't be bothered with RSS feeds. Pity.

oz
    forum.guy
    Hi Zelator, and welcome to the forums!

We really should have a link somewhere on the LinuxForums.org website to allow users to subscribe to the newsletter, or to unsubscribe should they wish, but I don't have the permissions required to implement either option, so we'll have to wait for someone that does have them to fix the issue.

Sorry that I can provide a better answer, but thanks for the feedback.
    oz

Community Leader
    Update: I spoke with MAS Media about this. They're currently rolling out some new stuff for the forums, and then they're going to address this issue. They know integration with the newsletter and the website is currently weak but I think they're going to fix it in time.

Just Joined!

2 years later, and same problem!!

What wrong with Linux World???

I can't unsubscribe from the newsletter?

Please to a favor to your subscriber.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast