Find the answer to your Linux question:
If I click the "Unanswered Posts" thing at the top of the page I am sent to the search facility. Some mistake surely. Incidentally having to log on every time ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

Clicking 'Unanswered Posts' give 'Search'?

If I click the "Unanswered Posts" thing at the top of the page I am sent to the search facility. Some mistake surely.

Incidentally having to log on every time you post something is going to irritate some surely?
    All power is violence; all power is evil.
    Money As Debt

oz
    forum.guy
    Quote Originally Posted by lugoteehalt View Post
    If I click the "Unanswered Posts" thing at the top of the page I am sent to the search facility. Some mistake surely.
    You are correct. It was working properly just a day or two ago, but something has broken. We'll look into the issue.

Incidentally having to log on every time you post something is going to irritate some surely?
    You can check the "Remember Me" box at login and you won't have to login again when you return next to the forums. That said, I doubt that we will ever have the forums setup in such a way that non-logged in users can make posts.

Thanks for the feedback.
    oz

If you check on the 'remember me' box upon logging in, it will alleviate both issues.
    Jay

New users, read this first.
    New Member FAQ
    Registered Linux User #463940
    I do not respond to private messages asking for Linux help. Please keep it on the public boards.

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    oz
    forum.guy
    Quote Originally Posted by jayd512 View Post
    If you check on the 'remember me' box upon logging in, it will alleviate both issues.
    This is really weird... now when I click on Unanswered Posts it's working properly. It wasn't when I replied above, so perhaps someone is working on that function as we are typing this.
    oz

If I log out and click on Unanswered Posts, I get the search feature. Upon logging in, it works properly.
    I'm guessing that lugoteehalt's session may have timed out when he clicked on it.
    Jay

New Member FAQ
    I do not respond to private messages asking for Linux help. Please keep it on the public boards.

oz
    forum.guy
    Quote Originally Posted by jayd512 View Post
    If I log out and click on Unanswered Posts, I get the search feature. Upon logging in, it works properly.
    I'm guessing that lugoteehalt's session may have timed out when he clicked on it.
    Right... I thought I was logged in when I tried it and it didn't work properly but perhaps I wasn't logged in because I just now logged out and tried again and got the advanced search page, so it could be that the forums are set to work this way by default, and if so it makes sense figuring that unanswered posts should be of little concern to users unless they intend to reply, which requires a login.

Thanks, Jay!
    oz

Don't want to make a big thing of this, but for the record: What I meant was that after answering a question if I tried to answer another I had to re-login, pretty sure it was not because of timing out. However clicking the check box like you suggest does seem to have fixed that.

But even though it says I'm logged in, at the top of the page, the Unanswered Questions -> Search still happens with me. Or at least it did just now.
    All power is violence; all power is evil.
    Money As Debt

oz
    forum.guy
    But even though it says I'm logged in, at the top of the page, the Unanswered Questions -> Search still happens with me. Or at least it did just now.
    To test this further, I just came to the site and clicked on the Unanswered Posts link and was taken to the Advanced Search page, like you said you were getting before. I then logged in and clicked the Unanswered Posts link again but was taken directly to the page showing all the unanswered posts as is supposed to happen as a result of this search.

So far as I'm able to tell, you are the only user being directed to the Advanced Search page whether logged in, or not. Maybe some other users will test this further and post back so we can get a better idea of what is happening.

Thanks for the feedback.
    oz

So you're making sure to check 'Remember Me', and still getting the Search Page for Unanswered Posts?

Odd... maybe other users will chime in, as ozar said, or perhaps an admin will look in.
    Jay

New Member FAQ

oz
    forum.guy
    Technically speaking, the Unanswered Posts link shouldn't show up at all on the navigation bar for those users that are not logged in. Perhaps this could be implemented as a fix if it's not too difficult.
    oz