Find the answer to your Linux question:
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
I'm going to suggest that the closed/solved issue might be one of those things (like so many others) that can be very difficult for everyone to agree on....
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    oz
    forum.guy

I'm going to suggest that the closed/solved issue might be one of those things (like so many others) that can be very difficult for everyone to agree on.
    oz

I can be found either 40 miles west of Chicago, in Chicago, or in a galaxy far, far away.
    A week at least. Maybe a month's too long, but a week feels maybe too short. It would certainly be an improvement over the "it's solved - go suck an egg!" approach used now...
    Sometimes, real fast is almost as good as real time.
    Just remember, Semper Gumbi - always be flexible!

Quote Originally Posted by Rubberman View Post
    It would certainly be an improvement over the "it's solved - go suck an egg!" approach used now...
    LOL! Whatever works for ya!
    Really, though, a week would probably be sufficient for anybody who is actually following a thread.
    Jay

New users, read this first.
    New Member FAQ
    Registered Linux User #463940
    I do not respond to private messages asking for Linux help. Please keep it on the public boards.

Leaving the thread open for a month does not cost anything more than a week ... there are lots of reasons people will not post for a 2 week period eg holidays.

oz
    forum.guy

quick update

This subject has been under discussion for the last week in the admin forum and the overall consensus of those that participated is that we should keep handling closed/solved threads the way we have been, at least for now.

Thanks to all of you that have contributed here for your comments and feedback.
    oz

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2