Find the answer to your Linux question:
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast
Originally Posted by cousinlucky Yesterday I used the synaptic package manager to get rid of some browsers ( dillo, kazehakase,opera, and swiftfox ) and then I ran autoclean. Yesterday when ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    oxf
    Linux Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by cousinlucky View Post
    Yesterday I used the synaptic package manager to get rid of some browsers ( dillo, kazehakase,opera, and swiftfox ) and then I ran autoclean.

Yesterday when LF was loading it would stop at " openx.linuxforums.org "

I just got home today and used my Seamonkey browser and LF loaded ok!!

I am somewhat relieved that I was not the only one having a problem with LF!!
    None of the other URL's that I visited yesterday had any problems at all!
    I had the exact same problem as cousinlucky. Could not log in at all yesterday (Monday Feb 15) and would stall at "openX.linuxforums.org" every time.
    Todays I can log in but seems a little slow tough

I clicked my Seamonkey browser bookmark for LF a couple of minutes ago the page finally loaded but it was hung up on " kona.kontera.com ".

My user name and password filled the log in box when the page finished loading and I clicked log in!! Instead of being logged in I was presented the pop up that my log in was invalid. I tried again by typing in my user name and password but the box invalid log in came up again telling me I have three tries left.

I switched to my Konqueror browser which is not being affected by whatever is going on with the LF website!!
    PCLinuxOS Gnome and PCLinuxOS Mate
    Linux user # 414321
    You Should Not Give In To Evils, But Proceed Ever More Boldly Against Them!! -from book six of Virgil's Aeneid
    Everything Within The Universe Is Related; We Are All Cousins!!

oz
    forum.guy
    Quote Originally Posted by cousinlucky View Post
    I clicked my Seamonkey browser bookmark for LF a couple of minutes ago the page finally loaded but it was hung up on " kona.kontera.com ".
    Sounds like an advertisement might be causing the hanging. Some of them will do that at times. MatthewGx can probably either fix it himself, or get it fixed.

Thanks for the feedback!
    oz

It's 11:16PM here in New york City and once again I am at LF using my Seamonkey browser!!

I can comprehend an advertiser slowing down the loading of a page but how can they nullify a log in when the correct username and password are sent to LF??

My old mind wonders if there is something sinister afoot!!
    Linux user # 414321
    You Should Not Give In To Evils, But Proceed Ever More Boldly Against Them!! -from book six of Virgil's Aeneid

No, I doubt there is anything sinister afoot. More likely an ad server that is not configured correctly or something like that. Why don't you tell your browser to auto enter your password for you?
    I do not respond to private messages asking for Linux help, Please keep it on the forums only.
    All new users please read this.** Forum FAQS. ** Adopt an unanswered post.

I'd rather be lost at the lake than found at home.

Community Leader
    When you get to openx.linuxforums.org - is it just blank? Which page do you try to login from? So if I understand, you log in on the login page and you go to openx.linuxforums.org and it hangs there?

Very interesting that it stalls at openx.linuxforums.org. We've seen this login issue before, but weren't aware of the cause. I'll report this to the developers and see if we can get it sorted. Thanks! And let us know if you see this again.

Quote Originally Posted by MikeTbob View Post
    No, I doubt there is anything sinister afoot. More likely an ad server that is not configured correctly or something like that. Why don't you tell your browser to auto enter your password for you?
    MikeTbob my LF username and password appears automatically in my browser as soon as the page is finally loaded. I then click the log in and i get logged into LF.

I tried entering mu username and password manually but I still got the " Invalid " pop up.

I could be wrong; but what has any advertisers got to do with being logged in correctly at LF?
    Linux user # 414321

Quote Originally Posted by MatthewGx View Post
    When you get to openx.linuxforums.org - is it just blank? Which page do you try to login from? So if I understand, you log in on the login page and you go to openx.linuxforums.org and it hangs there?

Very interesting that it stalls at openx.linuxforums.org. We've seen this login issue before, but weren't aware of the cause. I'll report this to the developers and see if we can get it sorted. Thanks! And let us know if you see this again.
    Matthew when i was having the problem it went like this: I would click my LF bookmark and the very top of the page would load and then stall!

There is a toolbar at the bottom of my Ubuntu 8.04 desktop containing navigator etc. to the right of the 5 icons is a little window which indicates the websites being contacted.

This is where I saw that LF was hung up on " openx.linuxforums.org and it would not load. When everything goes alright a " done " appears in the window.

I do not have any idea what caused these things to happen, but it has not happened on any other URL except LF.

If it only happened to me it would indicate that maybe something was in my computer but as this thread shows other LF members have also had problems.

I am using my Seamonkey browser now and LF loaded slowly but it is functioning as I have gotten used to it functioning. Whatever is happening I hope that it can soon be fixed!
    Linux user # 414321

Quote Originally Posted by ozar View Post
    Sounds like an advertisement might be causing the hanging. Some of them will do that at times. MatthewGx can probably either fix it himself, or get it fixed.

Thanks for the feedback!
    You're Welcome Ozar!!

I guess that I am spoiled always expecting perfection at LF!
    Linux user # 414321

It is 5:50PM here in New York City and I had to use my konqueror browser to log into LF because the very same log in does not work for LF when using Seamonkey!

The invalid window appeared again!!
    Linux user # 414321

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast