Find the answer to your Linux question:
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast
working again. Thanks guys...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

working again.

Thanks guys
    You must always face the curtain with a bow.

oz
    forum.guy
    Quote Originally Posted by Irithori View Post
    working again.

Thanks guys
    The issue seems to be intermittent and even then it's only happening with certain users, but I hope it continues to work for you.

Thanks for the feedback!
    oz

oxf
    Linux Newbie

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by ozar View Post
    The issue seems to be intermittent and even then it's only happening with certain users, but I hope it continues to work for you.

Thanks for the feedback!
    Yes this is the first time I've been able to get in for several days, even a couple of hours ago I couldn't.
    It mostly hung at the openx.linuxforums point again but also a few times at S0.2mdm.net if that means anything? But in for now

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    Well Ozar, my dial up connection using my Seamonkey browser is able to once again log onto LF. The website loading is still as lengthy as a newspaper site; but now I do not have time to go make a sandwich waiting for it.

My thanks to whoever straightened it out because it was very annoying!!
    PCLinuxOS Gnome and PCLinuxOS Mate
    Linux user # 414321
    You Should Not Give In To Evils, But Proceed Ever More Boldly Against Them!! -from book six of Virgil's Aeneid
    Everything Within The Universe Is Related; We Are All Cousins!!

oz
    forum.guy
    Quote Originally Posted by cousinlucky View Post
    My thanks to whoever straightened it out because it was very annoying!!
    I hope that it's straightened out, but I've not heard from anyone in the admin forum that it has indeed been fixed.

Either way, I'll update this thread when we know more.
    oz

As Don Imus would say " You Just Can Not Make This Stuff Up "!!

Would you belief that the Linus Questions website is having this very same problem?

I can only log in there using my Konqueror browser. Their website has some of the same ads loading as LF but their page does not freeze up.

They are plagued by the " invalid log in " illness!!

I do not know if anyone here is familiar with the folks at Linux Questions of if both sites are maintained or owned by the same company but their site needs fixing too!!
    Linux user # 414321
    You Should Not Give In To Evils, But Proceed Ever More Boldly Against Them!! -from book six of Virgil's Aeneid

oz
    forum.guy
    AWould you belief that the Linus Questions website is having this very same problem?
    They must be using some of the same advertisers that we use here if they too are suffering the same problem, and if indeed it is related to ad servers.

Thanks for the heads up!
    oz

Ozar, the weirdness just continues!! I have fifteen profiles on my Seamonkey browser. I tried to log into LF using the main profile and the " invalid log-on " pop-up appeared.

Instead of going to my Konqueror browser I switched to another Seamonkey profile that contains a link to LF. When the page loaded my username and password filled the log-in box and I was correctly logged in.

I am just shaking my head wondering just what the h___ is going on!! I could speculate till the cows come home and still never figure it out; so I figure the best bet is just to post it here.

How is it possible for one Seamonkey profile to work and another Seamonkey profile on the same computer fail to work when the both of them have the very same stored username and password???
    Linux user # 414321

oz
    forum.guy
    How is it possible for one Seamonkey profile to work and another Seamonkey profile on the same computer fail to work when the both of them have the very same stored username and password???
    I really don't know just yet what's going on. It seems that it's not affecting a large number of people, or at least large numbers are not reporting it, but it is intermittent and those problems are difficult to pinpoint at times. It also seems to be happening to the same users over and over. The best thing to do is to keep reporting all oddities until we can get to the bottom of it all.

Thanks again!
    oz

Jeremy, at Linux Questions, has informed me that he is not familiar with any of the moderators at LF. I thought that there was some kind of connection because the websites look alike, especially the log in!!

At any rate I let him know that if any explanation or solution to this weirdness is posted here I would inform him of it.

If I was still subscribed to Mr. Modem's website; I could present him with yet another strange event that he has never encountered before!
    Linux user # 414321

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast