Find the answer to your Linux question:
I have received an email today from Lakshmipathi.G. He can't access this site. Hi Elija, How are you? and Can you able to access Linuxforums.org ? For the past couple ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Either at home or at work or down the pub

[SOLVED] Problem accessing LFO

I have received an email today from Lakshmipathi.G. He can't access this site.

Hi Elija,
    How are you? and Can you able to access Linuxforums.org ? For the past couple of days, while opening the site , is says
    waiting for "openx.linuxforums.org" and hangs there .. I can't login or do anything?

If possible,while you are at LF , create a thread saying LF hangs with above message
    So that I can catch you guys there .
    What do we want?
    Time machines!

When do we want 'em?
    Doesn't really matter does it!?

The Fifth Continent

oz
    forum.guy
    Not sure, but maybe it's somewhere between him and the LinuxForums.org servers. I've not heard of anyone else having any problems. Maybe if he totally clears his browser cache that would fix it, or perhaps he could try a different web browser. I've never seen that particular hang message in the all the years I've been a member here.

Just guessing on all this, but perhaps some others will reply with more thoughts on it.

Thanks for letting us know.
    oz

I had a problem on Sunday morning, where the site appeared to be offline as above.....but it went away after about 10 minutes, so I figured it was just on my end, hopefully someone else can help out here.
    I do not respond to private messages asking for Linux help, Please keep it on the forums only.
    All new users please read this.** Forum FAQS. ** Adopt an unanswered post.

I'd rather be lost at the lake than found at home.

I wonder if Lakshmipathi has neighbors that can test the forums for him on another machine?
    I do not respond to private messages asking for Linux help, Please keep it on the forums only.
    All new users please read this.** Forum FAQS. ** Adopt an unanswered post.

I'd rather be lost at the lake than found at home.

oz
    forum.guy
    I've posted a link to this thread in the admin forum to make sure that someone with the required forum permissions to fix it will see the thread and check out any potential problems.

Will update this thread again when we know more...
    oz

I hadn't said anything. But a couple (can't exactly remember when) I tried to link through email on a reply and no matter which browser I used
    Chromium (latest version)
    Iceape 2.0.1
    Opera !0.10
    Firefox 3.6

All I got was the penguin in top left of browser screen. Loading bar would show 90 % done. And that was where it would stay. Didn't mention it because it was a one day only thing for me.
    Linux Registered User # 475019
    Lead,Follow, or get the heck out of the way. I Have a Masters in Raising Hell
    Tech Books
    Free Linux Books
    Newbie Guide
    Courses at Home

Thanks Eilija and others ...I have cleared cookies/cache accessing linux forums from home. For past couple of days (while trying to access for workplace), LF sites status bar said "wait opening openx.linuxforums.org" and took around 30 minutes to get home page. Every page said above message and loads and loads and loads ....I'll close this thread ,if i can login from workplace tommorrow morning.
    First they ignore you,Then they laugh at you,Then they fight with you,Then you win. - M.K.Gandhi
    -----
    FOSS India Award winning ext3fs Undelete tool www.giis.co.in. Online Linux Terminal http://www.webminal.org

oz
    forum.guy
    Quote Originally Posted by Lakshmipathi View Post
    I have cleared cookies/cache accessing linux forums from home.
    Great... glad it's working for you!

Let us know how it goes.

Edit: For anyone that is or was having password/login issues, please see this thread:

http://www.linuxforums.org/forum/com...in-issues.html

Thanks.
    Last edited by oz; 04-28-2010 at 03:02 AM.
    oz

I can be found either 40 miles west of Chicago, in Chicago, or in a galaxy far, far away.
    I noticed that some parts of the forums weren't loading yesterday and today, but it cleared up finally. It didn't keep me from access the forums proper, but it did mean I had to keep clicking on the "stop loading" X button.
    Sometimes, real fast is almost as good as real time.
    Just remember, Semper Gumbi - always be flexible!

yes...It's working now !!!
    First they ignore you,Then they laugh at you,Then they fight with you,Then you win. - M.K.Gandhi
    -----
    FOSS India Award winning ext3fs Undelete tool www.giis.co.in. Online Linux Terminal http://www.webminal.org