Find the answer to your Linux question:
More of a info post than a complaint. I have Bruno Puppy Linux installed. Stock Browsers are SeaMonkey 1.18 and Firefox Bon Echo 2.0.0.7. I have the latest java (jre6u1 ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

[SOLVED] Login failure with Bon Echo 2.0.0.7

More of a info post than a complaint. I have Bruno Puppy Linux installed. Stock Browsers are SeaMonkey 1.18 and Firefox Bon Echo 2.0.0.7.

I have the latest java (jre6u1 and Flash 10 installed and working. I can watch This site just fine in Bon Echo. And I can log in here with Seamonkey 1.18 OK.

For some reason I get a invalid user name and password using Bon Echo. Like I said. This is just for info. A few lower end distros use minimal browsers like Dillo, Midori, and Bon Echo, Firedog 1.2. I haven't tried to login again yet. Waiting the obligatory 15 minutes first. Just wanted you guys to know. Happy Trails, Rok
    Linux Registered User # 475019
    Lead,Follow, or get the heck out of the way
    Tech Books
    Free Linux Books
    Newbie Guide
    Courses at Home

oz
    forum.guy
    Quote Originally Posted by rokytnji View Post
    For some reason I get a invalid user name and password using Bon Echo. Like I said. This is just for info. A few lower end distros use minimal browsers like Dillo, Midori, and Bon Echo, Firedog 1.2. I haven't tried to login again yet. Waiting the obligatory 15 minutes first. Just wanted you guys to know. Happy Trails,
    Not sure, but this sounds like it might be related to the previous log-in issues. MatthewGx has indicated that it's all being investigated and worked on, so hopefully they'll get us past all this.

Thanks for the info, roky!
    oz

My email info. I know it is just canned info.

Dear rokytnji,

Someone has tried to log into your account on Linux Forums with an incorrect password at least 5 times. This person has been prevented from attempting to login to your account for the next 15 minutes.

The person trying to log into your account had the following IP address:

Edit: This made me snicker and smile.

You have entered an invalid username or password. Please press the back button, enter the correct details and try again. Don't forget that the password is case sensitive. Forgotten your password? Click here!

You have used 6 out of 5 login attempts. After all 5 have been used, you will be unable to login for 15 minutes.
    Last edited by rokytnji; 03-18-2010 at 11:49 PM.
    Tech Books
    Free Linux Books
    Newbie Guide
    Courses at Home

oz
    forum.guy
    I keep getting the feeling there might be some kind of database corruption going on with the forums, but I'm not sure. Luckily, none of the login issues have happened to me, yet anyway.

Thanks for the feedback.
    oz

oz
    forum.guy

quick update

Just wanted to let you and others know that it was reported in the admin forum that there are still some issues going on with the openx server and user authentication, but they are still working on it.
    oz

Thanks for the update Ozar.

I should also mention I guess that this forum or site is the only one I can not log into using Bon Echo,
    Ning, Other forums, My Blog, No problems. Just here.
    Tech Books
    Free Linux Books
    Newbie Guide
    Courses at Home

More info. I installed

Midori 0.2.0
    GTK+ 2.14.4, WebKitGTK+ 1.1.12
    A lightweight web browser.
    And had no problems logging in with it. Which is a lighter browser but with less features though.
    Tech Books
    Free Linux Books
    Newbie Guide
    Courses at Home

Linux Newbie
    I have had considerable problems logging into linuxforums over the last few months using both IE & Firefox.

Just logged in now after deleting all linuxforums cookies - not sure if this helped or it was just one of those 1 in 10 lucky logins as I am scared to logout and try again.

No prob with all other forums, only this one which is a bummer because this is my most useful day to day forum.

Requested the space be taken out of my user name and even re registered with no space but same problem.

Linux Newbie
    Seems the log in problem is fixed by clearing the cookies for linux server - for me anyway.

oz
    forum.guy
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill McKinstry View Post
    Seems the log in problem is fixed by clearing the cookies for linux server - for me anyway.
    Glad that it now seems to be working properly for you, Bill. Some users have reported the issue to be intermittent, so let us know should it return.

Thanks for the feedback.

Edit: For anyone that is or was having password/login issues, please see this thread:

http://www.linuxforums.org/forum/com...in-issues.html

Thanks.
    Last edited by oz; 04-28-2010 at 12:14 AM.
    oz