Find the answer to your Linux question:
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
No way to stop it other than block it on all my servers. This priorityonemail thing you guys send. To all my emails I had registered with this site....non stop. ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Really getting sick of the spam,

No way to stop it other than block it on all my servers.

This priorityonemail thing you guys send. To all my emails I had registered with this site....non stop. All attempts at 'unsubscribing' are a joke.

At first I thought it was the site was compromised or someone was faking the mails.

Then I saw admins in the forum say, no, its us for sure.

Please help me delete all my account info to stop this endless spam.

I don't get any mails, so there are some settings in the user cp that control this

Quote Originally Posted by floridaserver View Post
    No way to stop it other than block it on all my servers.

This priorityonemail thing you guys send. To all my emails I had registered with this site....non stop. All attempts at 'unsubscribing' are a joke.

At first I thought it was the site was compromised or someone was faking the mails.

Then I saw admins in the forum say, no, its us for sure.

Please help me delete all my account info to stop this endless spam.
    Can you give us some more details? What was the subject and/or content of these emails? Are you just talking about our occasional newsletter or is this something more frequent?

There are several email-related preferences you can set in your User Control Panel, including receiving email from users and administrators.
    Registered Linux user #270181
    TechieMoe's Tech Rants

oz
    forum.guy
    Yes, more details would be helpful so that we can better understand what is happening on your end.

If you are referring to the newsletters, there should be a clickabe link at the bottom of each newsletter that you can use to unsubscribe. I tested the unsubscribe link once and it seemed to work perfectly. Otherwise, as noted above, the options available to you in the user control panel should turn off any thread subscription or private message notices that you might receive.

We can delete your user account if you wish, but you will likely still have to unsubscribe from the newsletter if you no longer with to receive it.

Do let us know what you want to do, and thanks for the feedback.
    oz

Just Joined! Digital_Resistance's Avatar

Suddenly, 'Linux Forums Daily eNews'

I was just about to start a thread asking about this.

Around a week ago or so, I suddenly started receiving Linux Forums Daily eNews. These emails contain links to this site and an unsubscribe link that points-to autocontactor[.]com.
    I registered back in February, am almost certain that I never opted-in for such newsletters and did not receive any until now. What gives?

Oh, another thing: From the corresponding join dates, that "Just Joined" designation is obviously based on nothing more than a user's post count.

Does this make any sense?
    Last edited by Digital_Resistance; 04-14-2010 at 06:58 PM. Reason: addition

Quote Originally Posted by Digital_Resistance View Post
    I was just about to start a thread asking about this.

Around a week ago or so, I suddenly started receiving Linux Forums Daily eNews. These emails contain links to this site and an unsubscribe link that points-to autocontactor[.]com.
    I registered back in February, am almost certain that I never opted-in for such newsletters and did not receive any until now. What gives?
    That's interesting. I don't receive any emails like this.

Oh, another thing: From the corresponding join dates, that "Just Joined" designation is obviously based on nothing more than a user's post count.
    That's correct. There have been discussions about renaming or just removing the titles under people's names in the past due to the fact that they really don't mean anything (or in some cases don't correspond to reality). But this is a separate issue from the email spam. You're welcome to start a thread about that. The verdict is still out.
    Registered Linux user #270181
    TechieMoe's Tech Rants

oz
    forum.guy
    You can check this thread for an explanation of how user rankings work here on the forums:

http://www.linuxforums.org/forum/lin...-rankings.html

As for the emailed newsletters, I'm in the process of finding out more about how the opt in or out process works.

Thanks for the feedback.
    oz

I also have never gotten an e-mail like this either

Just Joined! Digital_Resistance's Avatar

Still Coming from priorityoneemail[.]com-Headers

I continued getting these emails daily, through last Friday.

The headers show them being from priorityoneemail[.]com but, as I noted in my previous post, the unsubscribe link points-to the URL autocontactor[.]com.

I would like to be sure these are legit before trying to unsubscribe.

(Even if I had opted-in when I registered, that was back in February; why would I all of a sudden start receiving these now?)

Should I post the full- headers here or is there a way I can email them to an admin?

Quote Originally Posted by techieMoe View Post
    But this is a separate issue from the email spam. You're welcome to start a thread about that.
    Thank you.

And thank you Ozar for the link.

Sorry for taking the thread off-topic with that.

oz
    forum.guy
    I continued getting these emails daily, through last Friday.

The headers show them being from priorityoneemail[.]com but, as I noted in my previous post, the unsubscribe link points-to the URL autocontactor[.]com.

I would like to be sure these are legit before trying to unsubscribe.

(Even if I had opted-in when I registered, that was back in February; why would I all of a sudden start receiving these now?)
    Okay, I've double-checked on this and the newsletters are currently being outsourced, and it is the company names you mentioned above that are doing them and dealing with subcriptions, so you should be fine to unsubsribe if you no longer wish to receive the newsletters.

As noted in an earlier post, I've personally tested the unsubscribe link and it worked fine for me, and I've not received any further newsletters on the test account.

Thanks to all for the feedback.
    oz

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast