Find the answer to your Linux question:
Linux has proven along the years, and so far, up to today, to be very secure as an whole O/S. In modern days, due to the "explosion" of the Internet ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

linux security and linux browsing security

Linux has proven along the years, and so far, up to today, to be very secure as an whole O/S.

In modern days, due to the "explosion" of the Internet as a general widely used media, a great amount of security treats, are divided into O/S itself, and browsers related ones.

Here at Linux Forums, there is a section dedicated to Linux security, where people post all their questions security wise.

As most of said questions may equally relate to o/s security and browser security, my suggestion is to split Linux Security section, into two different sections, being: 1 -Linux Security,
    2 -Linux Browsing Security.

I thought it could be useful to place this suggestion to be appreciated and commented by the moderators and the users.
    Last edited by wilifo; 05-08-2010 at 02:04 AM. Reason: Linux questions changed to Linux Forums (thanks Ozar)

oz
    forum.guy
    Quote Originally Posted by wilifo View Post
    Here at Linux questions, there is a section dedicated to Linux security, where people post all their questions security wise.
    Hello, wilifo

Note that this is LinuxForums.org, not Linux Questions, just in case you are confused about where you are.

Quote Originally Posted by wilifo View Post
    I thought it could be useful to place this suggestion to be appreciated and commented by the moderators and the users.
    I'm unable to promise any new sub-forums at this time but your suggestion is appreciated and will be considered by the board admins.

Thanks!
    oz

Just Joined!

About my typo

Quote Originally Posted by ozar View Post
    Hello, wilifo

Note that this is LinuxForums.org, not Linux Questions, just in case you are confused about where you are.

I'm unable to promise any new sub-forums at this time but your suggestion is appreciated and will be considered by the board admins.

Thanks!
    Sure I was confused...or at least, half confused?
    In fact, up to a few days ago, I was registered at both.
    As it's similar forums, I made an option to drop one. So, I suspended my registration at LQ.
    Thanks for sighing my typo, I've corrected it.
    Also thanks for your comment and interest about the suggestion.