Find the answer to your Linux question:
I think it would be helpful to everyone if one or more of the various stickies could include a description of how (and why and when) to post in [CODE] ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

Suggestion for addition to stickies

I think it would be helpful to everyone if one or more of the various stickies could include a description of how (and why and when) to post in [CODE] tags. Newbies never seem to use them, and even when they are recommended to, they don't know how and often can't figure it out. It would be nice to have a link to point them to. I just browsed through the stickies and linked help threads, and couldn't find any such description, so apologies if I've missed it somehow.
    --- rod.
    Stuff happens. Then stays happened.

Thanks for the suggestion, if no one can find a howto for posting code by 10PM or so, I'll try to type one up and post it this evening. I have events that I need to attend to today, otherwise I'd do it now. You could type one up and post it too, if you'd like. If it's well written, it might get stickied.
    I do not respond to private messages asking for Linux help, Please keep it on the forums only.
    All new users please read this.** Forum FAQS. ** Adopt an unanswered post.

I'd rather be lost at the lake than found at home.

oz
    forum.guy
    I've added the question and answer about how to use BB code tags to this stickied thread:

http://www.linuxforums.org/forum/com...ng-forums.html

The link provided in the answer has some pretty good tips and examples on using BB code tags.

Thanks for the suggestion!
    oz

Very cool ozar, thanks!
    I do not respond to private messages asking for Linux help, Please keep it on the forums only.
    All new users please read this.** Forum FAQS. ** Adopt an unanswered post.

I'd rather be lost at the lake than found at home.