Find the answer to your Linux question:
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
I'm getting this too, in Firefox. I have used the Contact us but it seems the problem is spreading......
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Either at home or at work or down the pub

I'm getting this too, in Firefox. I have used the Contact us but it seems the problem is spreading...
    What do we want?
    Time machines!

When do we want 'em?
    Doesn't really matter does it!?

The Fifth Continent

drl
    Saint Paul, MN, USA / CentOS, Debian, Slackware, {Free, Open, Net}BSD, Solaris
    Hi.

Also here beginning this morning (Sun Oct 17 06:31:51 CDT 2010). Posted details via Contact Us ... cheers, drl
    Welcome - get the most out of the forum by reading forum basics and guidelines: click here.
    90% of questions can be answered by using man pages, Quick Search, Advanced Search, Google search, Wikipedia.
    We look forward to helping you with the challenge of the other 10%.
    ( Mn, 2.6.n, AMD-64 3000+, ASUS A8V Deluxe, 1 GB, SATA + IDE, Matrox G400 AGP )

Same here...I got a screen capture also. Just in case it might aid someone in solving this problem.

EDIT:
    This page itself is giving me problems......and the thread "What's a good Antivirus SOftware". Here is more info from Google.
    Safe Browsing
    Diagnostic page for Comments / Feedback / Suggestions - Linux Forums

What is the current listing status for Comments / Feedback / Suggestions - Linux Forums

Site is listed as suspicious - visiting this web site may harm your computer.

Part of this site was listed for suspicious activity 1 time(s) over the past 90 days.

What happened when Google visited this site?

Of the 34 pages we tested on the site over the past 90 days, 23 page(s) resulted in malicious software being downloaded and installed without user consent. The last time Google visited this site was on 2010-10-16, and the last time suspicious content was found on this site was on 2010-10-16.

Malicious software is hosted on 1 domain(s), including atakan.info/.

This site was hosted on 1 network(s) including AS21844 (THEPLANET).

Has this site acted as an intermediary resulting in further distribution of malware?

Over the past 90 days, Comments / Feedback / Suggestions - Linux Forums did not appear to function as an intermediary for the infection of any sites.

Has this site hosted malware?

No, this site has not hosted malicious software over the past 90 days.

How did this happen?

In some cases, third parties can add malicious code to legitimate sites, which would cause us to show the warning message.

Next steps:

* Return to the previous page.
    * If you are the owner of this web site, you can request a review of your site using Google Webmaster Tools. More information about the review process is available in Google's Webmaster Help Center.
    Last edited by MikeTbob; 10-17-2010 at 12:02 PM. Reason: See EDIT:
    I do not respond to private messages asking for Linux help, Please keep it on the forums only.
    All new users please read this.** Forum FAQS. ** Adopt an unanswered post.

I'd rather be lost at the lake than found at home.

Quote Originally Posted by Xheralt View Post
    Is MInt 7 the only distro that you tried Google Chrome under? Firefox doesn't seem to have problems, and Google's blacklist (usually) applies under Firefox as well. Maybe also try a more recent version of Mint? Mint 9 "Isadora" LDXE is one I keep in my CD wallet (even though I'm otherwise a solid KDE guy)
    HI,

I just tried to do log in LF in my ubuntu with a freshly downloaded google chrome and have not encountered any pop ups...fyi
    nujinini
    Linux User #489667

Quote Originally Posted by nujinini View Post
    HI,

I just tried to do log in LF in my ubuntu with a freshly downloaded google chrome and have not encountered any pop ups...fyi

I'm not getting it with Konqueror either.
    I do not respond to private messages asking for Linux help, Please keep it on the forums only.

Quote Originally Posted by jayd512 View Post
    nujinini, do you get any notifications of any cookies or anything of the sort?
    Do you use any ad-blockers in your other browsers that you might have a different setting on than you do in Chrome?

I'm not blaming the browser... but what are the variables that you might have?
    jayd512

I don't get any notification cookies and I don't use any ad-blockers. I just use Chrome as I installed it . I did change the settings, I mean.

I downloaded and used chrome in my ubuntu and have not encountered this problem in that partition though FWIW
    nujinini
    Linux User #489667

Not getting that warning while using Chromium either.

I get the warning in Firefox, but not in Chrome. I really hope this gets resolved fast.

EDIT:

Get it in Chrome as well, now.

Same here, Chromium has started doing it for me as well. Thanks to everyone for reporting and hopefully this matter will be resolved quickly.

Just Joined!
    I had hoped I could get rid of this glitch by uninstalling Firefox, then reinstalling.. but it's still there...
    Has anyone eliminated this bug by reinstalling the OS, and not installing Firefox's add-ons..?
    Does it happen on other Linux browsers?..

Is this bug what's called a "super cookie"..?

What time and date was this glitch first noticed..?

Which OS's does this glitch target..? Which OS"s are this glitch free..? Does it happen with Windows..?

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast