Find the answer to your Linux question:
I gave up trying to come to this website today using my Seamonkey Browser and finally, very veryslowly, I got through using Konqueror. In seamonkey the forum stopped at the ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

[SOLVED] I've Never Seen LF This Bad!!

I gave up trying to come to this website today using my Seamonkey Browser and finally, very veryslowly, I got through using Konqueror. In seamonkey the forum stopped at the header and would not load up any more; the cookie was bbsession hash.

I do not know what is wrong with the site, perhaps it might be my computer but the other sites I went to today functioned normally.

I recall a thread months ago that gave a list of things to put into a file that stopped ads. I do not remember the name of the thread or where I put the files but I am wondering if that is hampering LF with all its new ads getting onto my computer??

I'm going to see if I can answer a post in the coffee lounge.
    PCLinuxOS Gnome and PCLinuxOS Mate
    Linux user # 414321
    You Should Not Give In To Evils, But Proceed Ever More Boldly Against Them!! -from book six of Virgil's Aeneid
    Everything Within The Universe Is Related; We Are All Cousins!!

oz
    forum.guy
    Hi, cousinlucky

My apologies to you and anyone else experiencing page hangs, malware, or other such problems on the website.

Those matters are totally out of the hands of myself, the moderators and trusted penguins, but you may continue to report them here if you wish, or you can use the preferred method, which is the Contact Us link found in the lower-left corner of this page and others on the site. We have been assured that these issues are being looked into and will be repaired as soon as possible.

Thank you and any others for your continued patience, and thanks again for the feedback.
    oz

I recall a thread months ago that gave a list of things to put into a file that stopped ads.
    It's in /etc/hosts where the file you are talking about editing/put into file to stop ads. Simple one click way for Seamonkey Cuz is

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/seamonkey/addon/1865/ (block ads like the name says)

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/seamonkey/addon/6623/ (for stubborn LSO flash cookies that won't go away)

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/seamonkey/addon/722/ (this last one when you wish for java to run on a site you will have to allow it in permissions. requires some getting used to using)

I am in Seamonkey right now posting this with these plugins enabled and forum loads and runs quick. "No Script" ,is the only one that may make you trip on certain sites, once in a while, as it takes a bit of remembering you are using it and then practising on what you want to run on that site (instead of thinking browser is broken).
    Linux Registered User # 475019
    Lead,Follow, or get the heck out of the way
    Tech Books
    Free Linux Books
    Newbie Guide
    Courses at Home

Everything is back to normal now!!!
    Linux user # 414321
    You Should Not Give In To Evils, But Proceed Ever More Boldly Against Them!! -from book six of Virgil's Aeneid

Nice, did you create an /etc/hosts file or install an add-on?
    I do not respond to private messages asking for Linux help, Please keep it on the forums only.
    All new users please read this.** Forum FAQS. ** Adopt an unanswered post.

I'd rather be lost at the lake than found at home.

No Mike I did not do a thing; whatever it was it is gone now!!
    Linux user # 414321

oz
    forum.guy
    Quote Originally Posted by cousinlucky View Post
    No Mike I did not do a thing; whatever it was it is gone now!!
    Glad it's working for you now, cousinlucky. I'm going to close this since it's working for you now and we have another active thread regarding these recent issues. Feel free to post in that thread should you run into any more problems.

Thank you for the feedback.
    oz