Find the answer to your Linux question:
I have been desperately searching for the appropriate form of "code tags" and what I've tried does not work. It might be useful to refer to them as code window ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Linux User

code tags

I have been desperately searching for the appropriate form of "code tags" and what I've tried does not work. It might be useful to refer to them as code window tags/markers.
    I see the Forum Etiquette asks for same but does not specify what they are. Would someone please insert that info there and also in rules/strong suggestions so I can find it when/if I forget as I now have.

oz
    forum.guy
    Testing code tags below:

Code:
    This text should be in code tags if they are working properly.
    Hello, clickit!

I just tested the code tags above and they seem to be working fine. Perhaps I've misunderstood your post.
    oz

oz
    forum.guy
    In case you haven't found them already, here are a few links that give more info on how the forums work and additional information about using them:

http://www.linuxforums.org/forum/lin...-user-faq.html

Linux Forums FAQ

BB Code List - Linux Forums

That last link is specifically about using bbcode, which code tags would fall under.

Hope it helps.
    oz

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    Linux User

Code Tags

Yes you misinterpreted. My point was/is in the Forum Etiquette the code tags are mentioned but not shown, indicated, or whatever and for some like myself to talk about a subject without some example of what it is is meaningless because the reader doesn't now in this case what the heck is ment by a "TAG" because I haven't used my html in 3-4 yrs. thankfully.

Either at home or at work or down the pub
    Quote Originally Posted by clickit View Post
    Yes you misinterpreted. My point was/is in the Forum Etiquette the code tags are mentioned but not shown, indicated, or whatever and for some like myself to talk about a subject without some example of what it is is meaningless because the reader doesn't now in this case what the heck is ment by a "TAG" because I haven't used my html in 3-4 yrs. thankfully.
    If I have understood you correctly you are asking for examples of things like the code tags in the ettiquette post?

Makes sense for beginners I suppose.
    "I used to be with it, then they changed what it was.
    Now what was it isn't it, and what is it is weird and scary to me.
    It'll happen to you too."

Grandpa Simpson

The Fifth Continent

+ 1 to that. I had a devil of a time getting someone to explain the "how" to use code tags. Everyone assumed you knew how to do it and kept just saying things like "put code tags on the section". Pretty hard if you don't know what the "tag" symbols are to get it accomplished.
    Registered Linux user #526930