Find the answer to your Linux question:
Belatedly, I saw Ozar's post about the forum software upgrade. The comments still stand -- I am not logged in automatically, the response is slow [ really slow in some ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    drl
    Saint Paul, MN, USA / CentOS, Debian, Slackware, {Free, Open, Net}BSD, Solaris

Lost settings at LF

Belatedly, I saw Ozar's post about the forum software upgrade. The comments still stand -- I am not logged in automatically, the response is slow [ really slow in some cases, like editing this note], and there appears to be a different display theme. Some of my profile was carried across to the new software, but apparently not all the settings.

Hi.

Today when I connected, the response time was very long, my login name / password were not remembered, and many other settings seem to have disappeared or have been forgotten.

Other sites and forums that I visit seem OK.

Something changed. Can the forum settings be brought back to normal? ... cheers, drl
    Last edited by drl; 06-08-2011 at 12:46 PM.
    Welcome - get the most out of the forum by reading forum basics and guidelines: click here.
    90% of questions can be answered by using man pages, Quick Search, Advanced Search, Google search, Wikipedia.
    We look forward to helping you with the challenge of the other 10%.
    ( Mn, 2.6.n, AMD-64 3000+, ASUS A8V Deluxe, 1 GB, SATA + IDE, Matrox G400 AGP )

I have also noticed that I am no longer logged on automatically.

oz
    forum.guy
    The "Remember Me" checkbox on the main index page is broken so if you try checking it you won't be remembered on your next visit to the forums. The checkboxes found on other login pages seem to work for me and I'm remembered when I return to the site. I've not tried it so can't say if it helps, but it might help somewhat to clear any LinuxForums.org browser cookies and cache that were left over from the old software.

We are aware of the speed issues with page loads and working on that.

Thanks for the feedback.

Update Edit: the speed issues with page loads seem to have been resolved.
    Last edited by oz; 06-10-2011 at 02:17 AM.
    oz

Alright, so I got a whole different look of the forum this time I logged in here, I too was not automatically logged in.
    Was kinda shocked to see all this but, okay, this is because of the software up-gradation, I hope things will fall in place soon .

Regards.