Find the answer to your Linux question:
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Originally Posted by cousinlucky I can log in but it takes a few minutes and a lot of clicks. You know I do not have any idea why it is ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    oz
    forum.guy

Quote Originally Posted by cousinlucky View Post
    I can log in but it takes a few minutes and a lot of clicks. You know I do not have any idea why it is doing that!!
    I've logged in hundreds of times since the software was upgraded but have yet to run into that issue, nor have I been able to duplicate it. Maybe it's a browser specific thing... just guessing, though.
    oz

Well Ozar I just tried my Konqueror browser to log into LF and the log in would not work until all of the images were loaded and then I was greeted with an " incorrect login " and I had to log in again. I'll try my Galeon browser next! Galeon worked pretty well!! I have adblock on my Seamonkey browser so that might be slowing everything up for me.

If I use Seamonkey I can log in and then go wash my dishes before it takes place!
    Last edited by cousinlucky; 06-16-2011 at 12:33 AM.
    PCLinuxOS Gnome and PCLinuxOS Mate
    Linux user # 414321
    You Should Not Give In To Evils, But Proceed Ever More Boldly Against Them!! -from book six of Virgil's Aeneid
    Everything Within The Universe Is Related; We Are All Cousins!!

It's a Windows Site.

Sheesh and OMFG. I'm out in the 112F weather out in my M/C shop with my Windows 2000 pro sp4 Lappy (Linux on other partitions)

Was messing with TTS tuning software and upgrading expired stuff on 2000 pro. So came here out of curiosity on IE6 sp1.

No Adblock. No addons except for running avast av and spywareblaster.

No Nag ads.

It is a Wonderment.

Code:
    Based on NCSA Mosaic. NCSA Mosaic(TM); was developed at the National Center for Supercomputing Applications at the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign.
    Now to go wash my hands.

Edit: IE6 crashed after I submitted my post. At least some things never change, Posting now in Iceape rebooted into AntiX.
    Linux Registered User # 475019
    Lead,Follow, or get the heck out of the way. I Have a Masters in Raising Hell
    Tech Books
    Free Linux Books
    Newbie Guide
    Courses at Home

Quote Originally Posted by rokytnji View Post
    Sheesh and OMFG. I'm out in the 112F weather out in my M/C shop with my Windows 2000 pro sp4 Lappy (Linux on other partitions)

Was messing with TTS tuning software and upgrading expired stuff on 2000 pro. So came here out of curiosity on IE6 sp1.

No Adblock. No addons except for running avast av and spywareblaster.

No Nag ads.

It is a Wonderment.

Code:
    Based on NCSA Mosaic. NCSA Mosaic(TM); was developed at the National Center for Supercomputing Applications at the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign.
    Now to go wash my hands.

Edit: IE6 crashed after I submitted my post. At least some things never change, Posting now in Iceape rebooted into AntiX.
    English brother, speak English!

For a minute there I thought you were going to tell me that IE was a better browser.
    I do not respond to private messages asking for Linux help, Please keep it on the forums only.
    All new users please read this.** Forum FAQS. ** Adopt an unanswered post.

I'd rather be lost at the lake than found at home.

English brother, speak English!
    My head starts swimming at 112F. Need to go fill the Ice Chest with some Red Stripe.
    Linux Registered User # 475019
    Lead,Follow, or get the heck out of the way. I Have a Masters in Raising Hell
    Tech Books
    Free Linux Books
    Newbie Guide
    Courses at Home

You ain't lying. I don't know how hot it gets in the back of my package car, but man it hits you like a ton of bricks every time you open the bulkhead door to grab a box.
    I do not respond to private messages asking for Linux help, Please keep it on the forums only.

I sure hope that the log in thing gets fixed soon!!
    Linux user # 414321
    You Should Not Give In To Evils, But Proceed Ever More Boldly Against Them!! -from book six of Virgil's Aeneid

Quote Originally Posted by cousinlucky View Post
    I sure hope that the log in thing gets fixed soon!!
    cousinlucky, I just logged in with Konqueror, you have to be careful about the username box. I had to actually delete the word "Username" from the box before I entered my actual username. Also, press the tab button after entering your username and password....this will highlight the "Remember me" button, press the spacebar one time to select it and then press the tab button one more time to highlight "Log in" button and press space bar to select it. You might not even see what happens when you press the tab button but it's working. If you do this, you won't need to login again....until you actually log out.
    EDIT:
    1. Clear username box
    2. Enter your username
    3. press tab
    4. enter password
    5. press tab
    6. press spacebar
    7. press tab
    8. press spacebar
    9. Profit!
    Last edited by MikeTbob; 06-25-2011 at 02:55 AM. Reason: See EDIT:

Thank You, Mike!!

Today was the very first time that I have ever pressed the tab key and your instructions
    ( used on Seamonkey ) sure made my LF log in quicker without question. Thanks Again!!
    Linux user # 414321

You're welcome. I use the heck out of my tab key....actually I just like using the keyboard a lot, I feel the mouse is actually too slow for my overactive imagination.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast