Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hi All, I haven't been to the site in awhile but I noticed today when I was entering my password in the top bar thing (which is relatively new I ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

[SECURITY PROBLEM] Password Entry Not Hidden

Hi All,

I haven't been to the site in awhile but I noticed today when I was entering my password in the top bar thing (which is relatively new I think) it's not hidden at all.
    Bodhi 1.3 & Bodhi 1.4 using E17
    Dell Studio 17, Intel Graphics card, 4 gigs of RAM, E17

"The beauty in life can only be found by moving past the materialism which defines human nature and into the higher realm of thought and knowledge"

oz
    forum.guy
    Hello

I'm not able to duplicate that issue at all. When I sign in with username and password, the username text looks correct, and the password outputs bulleted indicators showing the password is being entered, but no clear text in the password box. Maybe someone else having the same issue will reply with more details.

A screenshot of the issue you describe might be helpful if indeed there is a problem with password entries.
    oz

Demonstrating my point

"The beauty in life can only be found by moving past the materialism which defines human nature and into the higher realm of thought and knowledge"

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    oz
    forum.guy
    Maybe it has something to do with one of these:

Download Unhide Passwords 1.2.6.0 for Linux - Shows the contents of password fields in clear text.

https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=313856

Unhide is an extension that allows Firefox to show passwords in clear text in password boxes, and there is apparently a bug that allows it to happen in some Firefox browsers. Not sure either is what's happening in your case, though.

I'm still not able to duplicate the issue here, so have no idea what's up on your end. Maybe someone else having the issue will jump in with more info for both of us.
    oz

Also happening with Chrome for me

oz
    forum.guy
    Just as a quick follow up on this, I also tried logging in from a WinXP box and a Win7 box, both running Firefox 5, but couldn't duplicate the issue on either of those either. My Linux boxes (some with Gnome, some with KDE) that I tried to duplicate the issue on earlier all run Firefox 5, as well.
    oz

oz
    forum.guy
    Quick update...

Several board admins have now looked at this issue and so far, none of them have been able to duplicate the problem described. Will update again should we find a problem with the forum software.
    oz

Update: I am now checking from my office computer running Windows XP, same exact problem .....

oz
    forum.guy
    Hello, jmadero

I nor the other admins have been able to reproduce this issue on our end, and at least so far nobody else has reported it. If we should find a bug or breakage on the forum level, I'll post back with the details. If anything changes on your end, I'd appreciate another quick update of your thread if you don't mind.

Thank you for the feedback.
    oz