Find the answer to your Linux question:
Is it only me who presses the "Reply to thread" button instead of "Post quick reply"? It just leaps out of the page and is the most obvious control there....
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Either at home or at work or down the pub

Reply to thread button

Is it only me who presses the "Reply to thread" button instead of "Post quick reply"? It just leaps out of the page and is the most obvious control there.
    What do we want?
    Time machines!

When do we want 'em?
    Doesn't really matter does it!?

The Fifth Continent

oz
    forum.guy
    No, I accidentally click the one at the bottom-left of each reply page quite often, so ended up having to block it because I kept clicking it to submit my quick replies, which of course kept opening a new reply text box and deleting my already entered text. Blocking it just seemed easier than having to repeatedly start over from scratch with replies.
    oz

I used to fall into that same trap ozar. I found if you hit the yellow reply button. Then it disappears (I should say goes to top of reply box) when reply box shows up. If you hit the reply in the posted box (quick reply). Then the yellow button reply shows up also (at bottom of reply box) which will po a replying poster when their 1000 word post gets deleted.
    Linux Registered User # 475019
    Lead,Follow, or get the heck out of the way. I Have a Masters in Raising Hell
    Tech Books
    Free Linux Books
    Newbie Guide
    Courses at Home

oz
    forum.guy
    On the previous forum software, I used the advanced reply option exclusively, but the various reply buttons seem to work differently in this version of the software. Quite a bit of blocking takes place on my end through adblock plus and element hiding helper (both are MUST have options for me), so what I actually see on each page looks very different from what most other users are probably seeing.
    oz

Either at home or at work or down the pub
    Glad I'm not the only one

I don't normally install the Element Hider but that button really grinds my gears so I have and it's gone!
    What do we want?
    Time machines!

When do we want 'em?
    Doesn't really matter does it!?

The Fifth Continent