Find the answer to your Linux question:
First, the site has slowed significantly. Especially notable if using a slow modem. And all those adverts. Second, the horizontal scroll bar does not appear along with the vertical one ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Linux User

Speed kills so does slow

First, the site has slowed significantly. Especially notable if using a slow modem. And all those adverts.
    Second, the horizontal scroll bar does not appear along with the vertical one that prevents reading until fully loaded, at least on hardware forum this am and previously.
    I have taken to doing a phoney login at the top of the page to get to the one which says "you have used 1 of 5..." because the login accepts the name and does not cover the password with asterisks. It is faster that way than waiting for the ads to complete.

oz
    forum.guy
    Hello

I'm not sure on the speed issue, as it seems to be working faster than normal for me, at least for the moment.

The horizontal scrollbar issue is under discussion in the admin forum. Hopefully that problem will be solved soon so that the scrollbar only appears when there is text or graphics that won't fit within the current screen size of each individual user.

I'll provide an update here once any new info about these issues is made available to me.

Thanks for the feedback.
    oz

I've not noticed any speed issues at all.
    Not really sure if it's loading faster on my end, but I botice no slow downs.
    Jay

New users, read this first.
    New Member FAQ
    Registered Linux User #463940
    I do not respond to private messages asking for Linux help. Please keep it on the public boards.

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close