Find the answer to your Linux question:
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Since a recent update, my chrome browser doesn't provide horizontal scroll bars for forums pages, only the home page. Firefox doesn't have this problem. Also, word-wrap is not functioning properly ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    I can be found either 40 miles west of Chicago, in Chicago, or in a galaxy far, far away.

no horizontal scroll bar with Chrome browser

Since a recent update, my chrome browser doesn't provide horizontal scroll bars for forums pages, only the home page. Firefox doesn't have this problem. Also, word-wrap is not functioning properly in these input forms. Again, only with Chrome. Please fix this. It makes it pretty much impossible for me to easily interact with the forums any longer.

-Rubberman

P.S. This is in ALL versions of Chrome, including the latest version 13.0.782.109 beta. FWIW, this is for Linux. I'm running SL (RHEL) 6, fully patched.
    Sometimes, real fast is almost as good as real time.
    Just remember, Semper Gumbi - always be flexible!

oz
    forum.guy
    Horizontal scrollbar issues are one of the items still being discussed in the admin forum and are currently under investigation, so a link to your bug report has been added to the horizontal scrollbar issues section of the current bugs thread.

Thanks for the feedback.
    oz

I was starting to wonder if it was just me. Iron Browser gives the same symptoms as Chromium/Chrome browser. I used the contact link
    on the bottom of the page about 5 days ago. Never got a response. Figured maybe i was just being Flaky. (which has been known to happen)
    Linux Registered User # 475019
    Lead,Follow, or get the heck out of the way. I Have a Masters in Raising Hell
    Tech Books
    Free Linux Books
    Newbie Guide
    Courses at Home

I can be found either 40 miles west of Chicago, in Chicago, or in a galaxy far, far away.
    I got an email back from the site boffins that they are aware of the issue and are discussing it at this point. Hopefully they will sort it out soon. Oh - I see Ozar already posted the same here...

Just for info. Qtweb browser does the same as chromium browsers also.
    Tech Books
    Free Linux Books
    Newbie Guide
    Courses at Home

FWIW, FireFox 5 on Ubuntu 10.04 is missing the horizontal bar, too.
    I never noticed it until now... I always just used the mouse wheel or arrow keys
    Jay

New users, read this first.
    New Member FAQ
    Registered Linux User #463940
    I do not respond to private messages asking for Linux help. Please keep it on the public boards.

oz
    forum.guy
    Ideally, we should only be seeing scrollbars when there is text/data that doesn't all fit within each user's individual browser window size, regardless of the browser used. In other words, scrollbars should be in an "auto" mode rather than always ON, or always OFF. Hopefully, we'll be able to get it working that way.

Thanks to all of you for the feedback.
    oz

Quote Originally Posted by jayd512 View Post
    FWIW, FireFox 5 on Ubuntu 10.04 is missing the horizontal bar, too.
    I never noticed it until now... I always just used the mouse wheel or arrow keys
    Left arrow key doesn't move the Windows like in Firefox 6 in Qtweb browser or Iron Browser or Chrome Browser for me Jay (only on this site). No mouse wheel on my Laptops/Netbooks. How do you use the scroll Wheel to move the Windows to the left so pages on post can be read Jay?
    Tech Books
    Free Linux Books
    Newbie Guide
    Courses at Home

I had a mouse plugged in that had a directional wheel...
    Tilt it to the left or right and it acts like an arrow key.
    Jay

New users, read this first.
    New Member FAQ
    Registered Linux User #463940
    I do not respond to private messages asking for Linux help. Please keep it on the public boards.

On my Linux Chrome browser, I have to widen the window in order to read the entire posting. It used to reformat the text if the window wasn't wide enough to show the entire line. Also, input no longer word-wraps properly, but breaks a word at the end of a line across two lines.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast